Binoculars and sling shot

godhelpme89

Binoculars for better scouting.

Slingshot for increased range on hunting rabbits with ability to kill instead of stun.

I realize these were probably already suggested many times, but rather then resurrect a 3 year old thread, I made a new one. I know this angers some people so sorry in advance.

I am not saying that I dissagree, on both suggestions.

BUT

We have to ask ourselves - is slingshot something we "need"? Hunting with hand, throwing stones is a bit challenging, and a game SHOULD be challenging othervise it becomes boring. If we can craft anything that will make the game continueously easier and easier, than more and more players stop playing it. 
It is important to remember the game balance, and that game needs to present some sort of challenge to be enjoyable.

Besides, we dont have anything rubber based in the game, which is something you will need to craft a slingshot, unless you find the finished thing. 

I love stone hunting rabbits, and I think it is easy enough way to get food. I dont see a point in making it any easier than it already is.

On 2. 9. 2017 at 6:12 PM, CitrinePeridot said:

I actually like the idea of a slingshot. If one can make a snare, a slingshot would not be a far fetched notion. That would be a very light & effective addition to our arsenal. 

I think you have "sling" and "slingshot" confused. As I did, back when I talked on this theme.
This is a sling:
sling-weapon.jpg

This is a slingshot:

fashion-hot-bamboo-style-wood-wooden-sli

You need something very elastic to make a slingshot, because you pull slingshot and the stone is shot out in a straight line.
You need to put a stone into a sling, and then start rotating it sideways to your body or above your head, then release one of the strings and let it fly - slings are riddiculously hard to use precisely.

Archived