Gapping

Dr Gen Art Pfaff

So I went thru a cave and then got presented with a bunch of credits that I couldn't escape from-wtf people.  My major issue with this game is the general level of complexity which isn't that interesting.  Abilities or skills or equipment is delayed to a vague point that sure, the most dedicated or most perseverance would get through in the end.  But... and i'm going to leave it there .  Which is mimicking the exact sort of  game play which is presented to us.  So a metal fragment which i kill wolves with is some how going to be useless, or and dull axe or knife wouldn't still be useful in a survivor type experience.  Let me chop you in the face with a dull axe and see how that works out.

4 hours ago, Dr Gen Art Pfaff said:

So I went thru a cave and then got presented with a bunch of credits that I couldn't escape from-wtf people.

So far only the first 2 chapters of TLD's Story Mode have been released. Your purchase includes the next 3 chapters, which will be released when they're ready.

In the meantime...

Try playing the game in Survival Mode for a while, and see how that feels.. from what you've written above, I suspect it's much more what you're looking for.

On 9/1/2017 at 10:19 PM, JAFO said:

So far only the first 2 chapters of TLD's Story Mode have been released. Your purchase includes the next 3 chapters, which will be released when they're ready.

In the meantime...

Try playing the game in Survival Mode for a while, and see how that feels.. from what you've written above, I suspect it's much more what you're looking for.

I've spent many hours doing that. So thanks?  I mean I'm not a beginner, I bot this early.  I can't even make fishing gear with all the components, seems weak.  Like I have hooks and line but can't fashion gear, wtf.  

I've spent many hours doing that. So thanks?  I mean I'm not a beginner, I bot this early.

My apologies.. we've been flooded by new players, and I saw your low post count and wrongly concluded you were another one..

I can't even make fishing gear with all the components, seems weak.  Like I have hooks and line but can't fashion gear, wtf.  

It's a story they're telling.. so naturally it's more linear. Sure, some of it is badly done and badly thought out. But it is what it is.. if you don't like the way Story mode works, don't play it. It's not like you're being forced.

Do not expect a perfect survival game, learn to accept the compromise. What you are complaining about are mostly "game balancing" mechanics, things that are intentionally supposed to make the game more difficult. And that is a good thing! We want a brutal game because it will challenge us and people love challenges that they can surpass! 

By adding a piece of clothing of every single animal, ability to improvise everything from tools all the way to bullet pressing, we will make the game in some way incredibly easy, and who likes to play games that present no challenge at all? Nobody.

Not to mention that to create a perfect survival game, one would have to "code" in every single little idea that someone might think of doing... it is impossible feat to do regardless. Survival in itself is about ingenuity, ability to figure out how to uniquely solve a problem in the easiest, most efficient way.

If we were risking our lives, we would want the "easiest setting" and most broad way of solving the problems... but we are not, we are simply playing a game and we want a challenge.

I would suggest you dont complain about the things that actually keep you playing the game rather then shelving it as "too easy and boring".

This game is the best "survival like" game I have ever played, no doubts - but it is still a decent game that keeps me entertained by its level of difficulty.

Archived