Animal Respawn times

omoon66

I've been playing TLD for a few years, but I'm wondering how long does it take for animals to respawn? Since Hinterland has probably changed it, I want to know the most current number. Now, I do know it depends on how aggressive your hunting is, but an average number is fine.

I don't know that there's necessarily a specific, set number of days before an animal is due to respawn.

To elaborate on what @Thrasador said, it depends upon what difficulty level you're playing, and how many days you've been surviving that run. On Stalker, for example, wolves will respawn slower on Day 3 than later on Day 125. 

Wolves seem to respawn the fastest, regardless of difficulty  level or game mode.

Deer respawn slower, and apparently the time for a deer to respawn increases as the sandbox progresses due to "world decay" mechanics. They also respawn slower depending on difficulty and how often you kill them. I would read posts by @Drifter Manfor specifics. I believe on Interloper at TWM after day 50 the deer on the lake were taking like 12-14 days to respawn. I don't remember exactly.

There are definitely a set mechanic to all these things. I just don't study them intimately and Hinterland has never posted specifics about World Decay or animal respawn rates anywhere.

Bunnies will respawn slower if you kill them all constantly, and I'm sure are also affected by difficulty and world decay as well....

1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

Deer respawn slower, and apparently the time for a deer to respawn increases as the sandbox progresses due to "world decay" mechanics. They also respawn slower depending on difficulty and how often you kill them. 

Bunnies will respawn slower if you kill them all constantly, and I'm sure are also affected by difficulty and world decay as well....

Despite making very long-term survival more difficult, I'm glad the devs implemented the world decay feature. It's fair enough, slaughter a population mercilessly and expect to see their numbers decline as they come closer to extinction. It's one of the many aspects of the game that can be found in real life as well (obviously lol).

9 minutes ago, Drifter Man said:

Yeah the deer show up in about 15-day intervals on Crystal Lake in TWM. But I suppose it is location-specific.

I was close....;)

I was going by memory, lol....

Bottom line is on Interloper and at TWM you will need to travel to a couple deer locations every two weeks....or try to kill a bear if you are over cooking lv 5, lol....

Can't really live long on one or two deer....unless you do the sleep starvation thing....

You were supplementing wit fishing I think right, @Drifter Man?

Archived