Releasing rabbits

The Wanderer

I thought fish and rabbits already kinda worked like that, where you have less chance of catching something the longer you're fishing in one spot. And I always leave a couple of rabbits alive in an area because I heard it takes a while to respawn if you deplete the entire population (but I guess I don't know if that's actually true). Long term effects might be a nice touch for higher difficulties, but I could see it becoming extremely frustrating having to travel for a day just for a chance to catch some rabbits.

I still think it would be great if you could carry them with you to release them at your base and actually breed them. But then again, with how little sustenance they provide, it would be a waste of time.

I will every rabbit I see in the game and often leave the meat behind, because it is barely worth the calories spent on harvesting it, especially when carrying capacity is an issue. The reason why I do this twofold: 1) I absolutely love the rabbit-whacking minigame they have added. Much better than snares. 2) Every killed, harvested rabbit adds to the Carcass Harvesting skill and unless I'm already at level 5, every little bunny wabbit helps.

Archived