Final thoughts on Ep.1

Jack_jab

Premise:I write this as a first timer.There are spoilers on Episode 1.

I started playing Wintermute after seeing a lot of cticticism,but now I can say that I couldn't disagree more.Wintermute ep.1 is fascinating,well directed and well written.

The story is intimate and serves as a good reason to go forward.The gameplay delivers what feels like a realistic experience that anyone could encounter and I think it has an educative purpose too.While many didn't like the tasks that grey mother gives to the player,I found them good and well integrated into the world (everyone would ask that amount of supplies to someone who is willing to help).It felt like getting to know a real person when I revealed the full story of Grey Mother with her relation to the farmer,the city and her dead daughter,she may not be the most complex character but she surely seems like a person I could meet in a similar situation. Congrats Hinterland for what is in my humble opinion,a great start to a great story.Can't wait to see how the story opens up more with Ep.2

Yeah, I,can't understand the critism that it got. People were complaining about how hard it was to get those 10000 calories to gray mother, but all it took was to get your hatchet and go maul a wolf and loot it, and then loot the deer corpses. I really liked EP1 and EP2 was also good.

Archived