Some feedback

Ghostly

Build: Steam 2014265, No version indicated in game menus. v1.05 (32319) [from versions.txt]

First of all i feel like a big congratulations on official release, Congratulations! I have had many great moments with The Long Dark so far and am looking forward to many more.

Bug:  Items picked up lack any descriptive text, after a short while the indicator for inventory load will appear. When selecting the item in the inventory descriptive text is shown as intended.

5986f6508ac37_screen_(888162344)_38c184f2-e6ef-4813-b5d9-b366a882c087.thumb.png.24c2fb012f36b76fb73757b60cfd14fe.png

Bug:  The function keys Caps Lock, left Shift, right Shift, left Ctrl, right Ctrl, left Alt, right Alt all correspond to a singular numeral input. The numeral input is not repeated as if the button is being held and the function keys work as intended. For example writing WAM while holding shift will result in 0WAM.

Feedback:  The indicator for shelter for the wind, I assume that the shield with a wind symbol indicates this. Does not fade away like the rest if the HUD, I would prefer that it did since it is a bit distracting, and playing with no HUD is a bit difficult for me.

5986f85451a3e_screen_(889162342)_4b0820be-8308-441a-a167-e30e258ead92.thumb.png.7ee1835e62a2e973b9df81e515d7df1c.png

Feedback:  I miss the book journal. It is a smaller thing but i would love for the return of the traditional journal from previous versions of the game. I appreciate the new system with the menus for this purpose. However for for me who really enjoys writing journal entries of my travels, struggles and successes as i go along, the book for really helped make it more immersive. I imagined my character getting inside on a especially cold day, and after getting some heat going jotting down entries into a book they carried on their person. So i would like either an option to turn it on or a actual in game item to serve the same function.

Forum feedback:  Firefox 54.0 alerts of lack of https on the site in general, in particular login. Manually routing to https gets a """The owner of www.hinterlandforums.com has configured their website improperly""" and does not allow connection to the site.

Sincerely

Christopher

Archived