CLAP-CLAP-CLAP

SnowWalker

Episode 1 was good, the story and cut scenes were interesting, but I didn't enjoy the fact you had to scavenge lots of food and wood for an old lady, who will eventually die herself, lol. I find it weird because at every cut scene I was starving add

43 minutes ago, David1976 said:

Episode 1 was good, the story and cut scenes were interesting, but I didn't enjoy the fact you had to scavenge lots of food and wood for an old lady, who will eventually die herself, lol. I find it weird because at every cut scene I was starving add

Yes that's true. I was downing Reishi tea and Rose Hip tea by the gallons by the time I got out of Milton and it was all her fault, lol. I gave her a lot of cups of herbal tea too but she still got most of my food anyway. I felt like she could have at least given Will some more soup at the end of doing all the missions for her, but nope, all you get is a shoddy, old rope for your troubles, lol.

Also when I played episode 1, I was so frustrated when she was like "get me some wood to keep the fire burning" Girl, your fire lasts forever. then after that, I went outside to look for wood, but then there was a lot of pallets at the gas station xD, so I didn't know of that till I got the food quest, so I just destroyed her house xD lol :P

11 minutes ago, David1976 said:

so I just destroyed her house

I´m in the middle of the second episode now and didn´t want to do what you did in my first playthrough. ;)

Does she react in any way? Also, did someone steal stuff from her? What happens after that?

Nothing bad happens from stealing, breaking or looking in her stuff, its just the trust goes down, you can take anything in her house, its mostly emtey, but has some paper, it just says *Character* trusts you less -Value (Normally 25) it works with the 2nd character in ep 2, but what I find weird is that even when hes unconscious, he still knows your stealing his stuff xD

But after ep 1 and 2, I find both characters you have to help (Grey Mother and Jerimiah) are both demanding characters. "Oh get me some food, even though I'm old will ya?" Probally thinking "I'm gonna make him starve ;)" then the other ones like "prove to me you can survive by putting food in my bin for us" probably thinking "No way he's touching the food, I'm gonna eat it all for myself" the logic here :P Also in episode one, when you get Astrids case, if you look directly at it, when you pick it up, you can still see it on the floor xD

5 hours ago, David1976 said:

But after ep 1 and 2, I find both characters you have to help (Grey Mother and Jerimiah) are both demanding characters. "Oh get me some food, even though I'm old will ya?" Probally thinking "I'm gonna make him starve ;)" then the other ones like "prove to me you can survive by putting food in my bin for us" probably thinking "No way he's touching the food, I'm gonna eat it all for myself" the logic here :P Also in episode one, when you get Astrids case, if you look directly at it, when you pick it up, you can still see it on the floor xD

I haven met Jerimiah yet, and I haven't done much for Grey Mother, but honestly after considering her wood request it's more than fair and I'll tell you why....

Once you get to her house, you basically don't really need wood. Her fire seems to burn forever, and you can use it to cook all your food and melt/boil all your snow.

I already melted 8 liters of water and cooked about 8 kilos of deer and rabbit meat without burning a stick or wasting a match. Yeah, you might get stranded in another house, or the farm during a blizzard, so keep some supplies on you fire wise if you go on a walkabout...but I recommend using the crap out of her fire while you can....

Jerimiah is the character in ep 2, you meet him at the end of episode 1

I didn't want to go out too far, because I thought I might get lost and die, the wood request was easy to do, but I didn't know the value of wood, suggesting that the better the wood, the more value it would be. But in episode 1 is basically tutorial, and do tasks as in ep 2, but ep 2 is more involved

I want to report something. I left Grey Mother's house to run an errand for her and realised I'd forgotten my wallet. I popped back inside and I found her on the floor, blindfold off, playing with her pog collection and laughing, biting the cuffs of her sleeves and laughing. 

She then quickly clambered back into her rocking chair, slipped the blindfold back on and whimpered feebly, "Go to the farmhouse and bring old Grey Mother some more pogs, and I'll tell you something more about Astrid..."

You know what? I reckon she isn't blind at all. 

7 hours ago, David1976 said:

Also when I played episode 1, I was so frustrated when she was like "get me some wood to keep the fire burning" Girl, your fire lasts forever. then after that, I went outside to look for wood, but then there was a lot of pallets at the gas station xD, so I didn't know of that till I got the food quest, so I just destroyed her house xD lol :P

:D

1 hour ago, Thrasador said:

I haven met Jerimiah yet, and I haven't done much for Grey Mother, but honestly after considering her wood request it's more than fair and I'll tell you why....

Once you get to her house, you basically don't really need wood. Her fire seems to burn forever, and you can use it to cook all your food and melt/boil all your snow.

I already melted 8 liters of water and cooked about 8 kilos of deer and rabbit meat without burning a stick or wasting a match. Yeah, you might get stranded in another house, or the farm during a blizzard, so keep some supplies on you fire wise if you go on a walkabout...but I recommend using the crap out of her fire while you can....

That is true and the wood was no biggie, it's how much food she wants that's the big bummer. Using her stove was nice but too bad you couldn't take torches from it.

1 hour ago, Nervous Pete said:

I want to report something. I left Grey Mother's house to run an errand for her and realised I'd forgotten my wallet. I popped back inside and I found her on the floor, blindfold off, playing with her pog collection and laughing, biting the cuffs of her sleeves and laughing. 

She then quickly clambered back into her rocking chair, slipped the blindfold back on and whimpered feebly, "Go to the farmhouse and bring old Grey Mother some more pogs, and I'll tell you something more about Astrid..."

You know what? I reckon she isn't blind at all. 

:D

7 hours ago, David1976 said:

Nothing bad happens from stealing, breaking or looking in her stuff, its just the trust goes down, you can take anything in her house, its mostly emtey, but has some paper, it just says *Character* trusts you less -Value (Normally 25) it works with the 2nd character in ep 2, but what I find weird is that even when hes unconscious, he still knows your stealing his stuff xD

A true survivor like myself often, even though unconcious, has an eye on the potential threat.

3 hours ago, Thrasador said:

the fireplace in grey mothers house is just a fire, you cant add any fuel, nor take a torch. Plus if you wanted to avoid a wolf attack, you start a fire 

Archived