Jeremiah survival: journal not updating

Jens

Ok, so I got to meet Jeremiah and after the initial missions I'm now into the "surviving school" thing. I accepted the plant harvesting one. I already had pleanty of cat tails and after I got the mission I harvested 8 old man's beard lichen, but my journal still says 0/8, same with the cat tails... Is my savefile bugged? I don't want to go harvest whatever I have left only to find out it's bugged. Do I have to collect them all before going back to Jeremiah? And concerning rose berry hips, the journal says 8, does it mean 8 berries or 8 full plants?  Any help would be appreciated.

You need to harvest the plants and put them into the box outside Jeremiahs cabin.

Try to prepare the old man's beard (craft it after you've harvested it) before to put it into the box. The box doesn't recognize it if it's not crafted.

I didn't craft any of the required plants. Just transferred 8 of each into the box outside.

Thank you both for your answers, I didn't know wether I had to collect them all first, and hand them to him, or leave them in a box. I was worried because my journal didn't update when I picked them up.  I think the journal needs some developing, more updating and more info, I found it to be a little confusing at times.

Archived