magic wolves

Simone Else

just a quick bug report in milton at least.  

so the deer carcasses in milton, right next to the post office, as well as by the church, have sounds of wolves growling and eating but there is no wolf there, its confirmed because i walked right up to the carcass to see if i got attacked and its not there.

Also, wolves appear out of no where and attack. This has happened to me at least 5-6 times now and it's really irritating. It's happened in front of the bankers home, at the farm, at the gas station, and at the church. 

I still haven't fought a wolf in a struggle, and I'm on the trappers missions. are you just running around or some thing?  I don't get it.  

use flares and torches, throw rocks to distract, and look for high ground to get a view of where they are and thier patrol routes..  

you should also stop every so often and listen,  especially before cresting a hill. 

good luck!

I guess it's just a sound bubble specific to wolves feeding on deer carcasses that is stuck.  I finally got up the nerve to walk by a haunted carcass and escaped unharmed.

I've observed a wolf descend into the road in Milton in the pursuit trot, only to burst into the wolf attack QTE.  While it was funny at the time, I now find any time spent in Milton to be super unnerving.  Atmospheric mission accomplished, I guess. :)

9 hours ago, Simone Else said:

I still haven't fought a wolf in a struggle, and I'm on the trappers missions. are you just running around or some thing?  I don't get it.  

use flares and torches, throw rocks to distract, and look for high ground to get a view of where they are and thier patrol routes..  

you should also stop every so often and listen,  especially before cresting a hill. 

good luck!

A wolf chases me into a house. I eat and sleep the night there. I come out in the morning and no wolves are around then without any warning or sound I am attacked by a wolf and in a struggle. 

9 hours ago, Simone Else said:

well I don't know your style of play, or wether or not you are pc or console , but here is basicly what I do.

whenever I exit a house, as soon as the game loads I am always ready to re enter if there is a wolf outside.  if I see nothing, I will stand there and listen for probably 15 seconds because these wolves make noise.

if I hear any dam thing at all I'm tossing a rock.  and going the opposite way.  I did this at the gas station in milton.   I had entered the gas station late in the day so I spent the night as well.   I'm the morning I went out the front door and there were 3 wolves that I saw  and they saw me too.  

I immediately re entered and went out the back door, and because I knew they were out front I tossed a rock over the gas station and then just did a short sprint behind a snow bank to break line of sight.  

if you don't want to struggle with wolves, you have to play smart.  it takes alot of time yes, but It's worth it.  always have a plan.  and don't let them chase you into a house in the first place,  give them the slip first.  maybe I'm just super lucky, but I'm going to try to make it the whole game without any struggles. 

good luck to you , and I hope you have better luck avoiding wolves,   oh and crouch and sneak helps too when possible to hide behind anything.  

I'm rambling on now , but I guess u could try dropping a decoy,  but I can't comment on how effective it is because I dont carry any guts or meat when I am trying to get somewhere.  

Archived