Gear not carried through to episode 2???

seifer1123

I had a crap ton of great stuff considering how I picked Milton and the surrounding area clean of all of it's loot and valuable items such as the rewards you receive from gaining grey mothers trust to its highest level. I also used everything very sparingly which now just seems like it was unnecessary since all I have at the start of ep 2 is my starting clothes and that's it. And I already know to click on 'Wintermute' and then 'resume' on the main menu instead of loading my save but it still brings me back to the end cave in ep 1 so it seems like I have no choice but to start a new save. I'm aware that this is a bug as others have had no problems with continuity of their progression. Has anyone found a solution??? 

1 hour ago, seifer1123 said:

I had a crap ton of great stuff considering how I picked Milton and the surrounding area clean of all of it's loot and valuable items such as the rewards you receive from gaining grey mothers trust to its highest level. I also used everything very sparingly which now just seems like it was unnecessary since all I have at the start of ep 2 is my starting clothes and that's it. And I already know to click on 'Wintermute' and then 'resume' on the main menu instead of loading my save but it still brings me back to the end cave in ep 1 so it seems like I have no choice but to start a new save. I'm aware that this is a bug as others have had no problems with continuity of their progression. Has anyone found a solution??? 

After completing Ep 1, you'll want to make sure you select Load in the story menu, and then pick Ep. 2 (don't start a New game). This should carry over your gear from Ep. 1. Let us know if it works out for you. 

23 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

After completing Ep 1, you'll want to make sure you select Load in the story menu, and then pick Ep. 2 (don't start a New game). This should carry over your gear from Ep. 1. Let us know if it works out for you. 

Hey, thanks for the reply. Whenever I choose "load" all that appears is "STORY 1" and the title card for episode 1 appears next to it. Whenever I choose that it just brings me back to my last save which is when I slept in the cave just before leaving (finishing ep 1). I don't see a way of choosing episode 2 in the "load" section of the main menu. 

2 minutes ago, seifer1123 said:

Hey, thanks for the reply. Whenever I choose "load" all that appears is "STORY 1" and the title card for episode 1 appears next to it. Whenever I choose that it just brings me back to my last save which is when I slept in the cave just before leaving (finishing ep 1). I don't see a way of choosing episode 2 in the "load" section of the main menu. 

Try loading that save again, going out the cave again and finishing the episode. You should see a title card with Ep. 2 and "None" in the progress info. Let us know. 

3 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Try loading that save again, going out the cave again and finishing the episode. You should see a title card with Ep. 2 and "None" in the progress info. Let us know. 

Just tried that there. The same thing appears (the picture I posted previously). Under progress it says "Milton safety deposit box keys" and under episode it says "Episode one"

This is exactly what happened to me. :( no amount of load/resume combos change what happens. Episode 2 is available to play (clearly the game knows I finished episode 1) but whenever I load, it puts me in the cave right before the cutscene. And so on forever.

1 minute ago, aimes said:

This is exactly what happened to me. :( no amount of load/resume combos change what happens. Episode 2 is available to play (clearly the game knows I finished episode 1) but whenever I load, it puts me in the cave right before the cutscene. And so on forever.

Can you only select episode 2 on "new game" or does it give you the option to start episode 2 on "load". Im only able to start episode two if I go to start a new game :(

4 minutes ago, aimes said:

We're in the same boat! I have to go to the main menu and start episode 2 as a new game. When I try to load or resume the old game, it thinks it's still in episode 1. Playing on an Xbox. How about you?

Playing on an xbox as well mate. Hopefully there's a solution as I'm super excited to dive into episode 2

Archived