Stuck on "fire for 9 hours" (day 3)

yoli

When restarting from last checkpoint (day 3), there is much less wood than when coming from day 2 to day 3. In particular there are no wooden boxes. So I don't think there is enough wood to spend the night. Looks like I am doomed !

Looks like I won't be able to make it:

- if I come from day 2, day 3 never "finishes" ever after 9 (and more) hours of fire

- if I restart from last checkpoint, there is barely enough wood to spend the night. I actually spent the night (not sure if exactly 9 hours, maybe), I received a badge (btw I don't see any new badges in my badge collection), but I am still stuck at day 3.

So for me this is unplayable in current state, waiting for next hotfix !

You should add a "pass time" option as in the cave the only occupation is to melt and boil snow and that's a bit silly, we can't rest nor wait.

Edit: I restarted the story mode in English this time in case this would be a localization problem: but same thing, I get to die at day 3 as the 9 hours fire goal never expires... Please note I am metling snow/boiling water to pass time, I don't know how your objective is set to expire, but it needs to work even if it expires while we are performing such an action to pass time.

Thanks for your feedback on this - it's been a stumbling block for a few players today. The key is to add enough fuel (books, sticks, wood,) to make a fire that will last 9 hours total. You don't have to actually wait 9 hours - just add enough fuel to the fire so it >could< burn that long. I hope that helps. 

10 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Thanks for your feedback on this - it's been a stumbling block for a few players today. The key is to add enough fuel (books, sticks, wood,) to make a fire that will last 9 hours total. You don't have to actually wait 9 hours - just add enough fuel to the fire so it >could< burn that long. I hope that helps. 

The wood is not enough for this. Its necesary some branches fall by wind. And in a second or third try the wood not appeared. 

Yeah, I had the same thing here - I made the fire, added some sticks and logs to make it last a couple of hours, then thought, why "why waste a good fire". Figured I might as well take care of making some potable water... so spent a couple of hours doing that, then waited, added more fuel, before figuring out that what the game wants is you to *literally* make a fire lasting nine hours, it doesn't let you progress before you add enough fuel to last. So that's stupid, but at least there's plenty of firewood around.

41 minutes ago, Patrick Carlson said:

Ok I will try that, but this is silly to put that into a tutorial phase, this is completely anti-survival, we never do that in the game, we always carefully use the fire to either melt snow or cook food or harvest some carcass, we never light a fire for such a long period of time with nothing to do with it, this is a waste of resources. You should fix that really !

Archived