Linux port STILL broken

For what it's worth, it's roughly working on my machine, that is:

• No sound at all using the amd64 binary.
  • Working OK with the 32 bits binary but cut scenes are either not working or do not include sound (sound is OK outside of cut scenes).

Pretty sure my sound issues are due to a missing library (similar to the bug a while back where main menu would be unresponsive without libSDL), haven't had a chance to look into it yet.

As for your issue, what makes you say that file is missing ? I see no such error in my logs. What's your exact environment ? you may want to try re-downloading the game, too, or try a debootstrap chroot if you're using Debian/Ubuntu to try on a "clean" (except for the kernel) system.

• 2 weeks later...

I got the game running with sound and on 64bit today. I am using Antergos with lts-kernel.

I started steam as runtime: steam-runtime

I guess this method installed all the steam runtime libraries. I still can't get TLD to run from steam, but while steam is open, I can launch it from terminal:

LD_PRELOAD=/home/ppedro/.local/share/Steam/ubuntu12_32/steam-runtime/amd64/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/libSDL2-2.0.so.0 /home/ppedro/.local/share/Steam/steamapps/common/TheLongDark/tld.x86_64

I have tried this method in the past, and I have no idea why it suddenly started to work.

I dunno dude, it's working pretty well here. I have had to do some workarounds to get things to run more or less properly:

When you first start the program, and before launching a game, go into Options -> Controls and select Mouse not locked to window (needed to get the mouse working properly when in menus)

In order to get the cutscenes to work, I've found its necessary to go into the Display option and change and confirm a setting (any setting seems to work) and then change it back and reconfirm. If I don't do this, I can hear the cutscenes but not see them.

Also, for what it's worth, my game's working and find says there's no such file on my system.

I'd try deleting the game via steam, then deleting its file tree, then reinstalling.

Yeah, it seems the game is working for some people and not for some. After the LD_PRELOAD -trick worked, I didn't have to do any 'workarounds' to get cutscenes and I have no problems with mouse not working properly.

Also, for what it's worth, my game's working and find says there's no such file on my system.

Guess you're talking about the libSDL2 -file? I didn't have the file until I started steam as runtime ($ steam-runtime). Anyway, I've reinstalled Arch probably 20 times (Antergos) and I've tried the game on Ubuntu, Debian Jessie, Debian Stretch and SteamOS. So it's not about the game files. The most frustrating thing about these running issues is that it's impossible to find any information about the problem. Only error message neither (32bit or 64bit) client gives is the one OP posted about, but Hinterland said that is a normal error message and doesn't relate to this problem.

Archived