How to Avoid Spoilers

cekivi

So, due to a very large and important deadline next week... I'm probably going to be working straight through the game's launch! O.o

Good thing the Long Dark encourages patience! :D

So, in an effort to not spoil too much for myself (sometimes hard to do as a mod!), what are your suggestions for avoiding spoilers? Hide under a rock, join a remote monastery, invent time travel? :D

Any and all replies, serious or no, are encouraged. ;) 

Just cut your internet cable, or a cable for your wi-fi. Heck, just straight up wreck the electricity conduits leading to your house/apartment building, and utilize the skills you have acquired in the Long Dark to survive without it. This will also be a perfect way to prep yourself for the Story mode later on! :D

Now on the more serious note - the best way to avoid spoilers would be probably a very careful forum navigation, I wouldn't visit the Wintermute section at all in the upcoming week leave that up to other mods maybe? Also would be more careful in the Wish list and Survival mode sections. It is not like these forums are terribly frequented, should be fine if you avoid certain sections for a bit.

Or you could just trade sleep for some of that sweet, sweet story mode gameplay, that is probably what someone irresponsible like me will do :D (Luckily I don't have any projects in work, but I had holidays up till now and they end tomorrow so I am going back to work.)

9 hours ago, Mroz4k said:

Or you could just trade sleep for some of that sweet, sweet story mode gameplay, that is probably what someone irresponsible like me will do :D (Luckily I don't have any projects in work, but I had holidays up till now and they end tomorrow so I am going back to work.)

Yeah... I'm already far behind (due to a vacation as well actually) so sleep trading is already a necessity! :D 

So, today was announced at work we will be refurbishing the place at work - so next three days will be a massacre.

Zero chance I would have time to get into the Story mode or even the update sooner than Friday evening and that is already wishful thinking.
Guess we will have to just march it through our commitments before we get to enjoy them spoils, huh.

(I would totally sleep trade for the game but even the irresponsible me knows I could not handle even a single session with what´s coming in work.) 

Archived