play whit friend

fanzu

Welcome to the forums!

This topic has been discussed many times before, all with the same end result: multiplayer would be very difficult to add in at this point.

Multiplayer would require everything to be done in real time, including cooking, researching, wood chopping, and harvesting. Sleep is also difficult to incorporate because it would either happen in real time or would require everyone playing on said server to sleep at the same time. Also, you would need to have a physical body in the game, which is a feat in and of itself.

Personally, I think that multiplayer should not be added for the sole fact that it is supposed to be lonely. Without its loneliness factor, The Long Dark becomes another ARK, or The Forest, or basically any other survival game out there. I love The Long Dark because it is not those games. It sets a new standard for survival games and I LOVE it.

I don't want to shoot your idea down, but my vote on this is a resounding no. Please keep in mind that although some people may disagree with you, your ideas and opinions are always welcome here on the forums. All of us here on the forums respect you and your thoughts and welcome you wholeheartedly.:)

Adding the Co-op would not take anything away. you could still play the original game.

It would sacrifice some key elements that makes this game stand out. Time as a resource could not be managed this smoothly. and sleeping would work only when all players go to sleep. (like minecraft)

Still I would love to play this with some one aside from testing my loneliness :)

I would recommend to build a Co-op after the main game and story is finished. It would give another boost to community. like Don't starve returned only for a while with Don't starve together.

Multiplayer would tweak the game a lot in a different mechanics. But the combined sentiment and Cooperation with a friend would sound great.

On 7/7/2017 at 4:07 AM, Kristabzz said:

Adding the Co-op would not take anything away.

Are you sure about that? Imagine having to share all the food and clothing you find with another person. You'd both be a lot colder and hungrier.

Archived