Steep slope on Mystery Lake

3 hours ago, Farrgin Ice Hole said:

Had this happen to me too many times.  When this happens it just makes me feel like hacking my own arm off.

Right? I understand bugs and gliches and whatnot, but map problems like this are another story entirely. I do love the new update though. The UI is a nice touch. Would probably be harder to see if i didnt have a big screen though, so i do get some players mild frustration. But overall i dont understand all the Faithful Cartographer hate

16 hours ago, The Gentleman Bastard said:

I understand bugs and gliches and whatnot, but map problems like this are another story entirely.

Too bad HL does not just out right fix instead of bandaging this issue.  The players need to report the problem as a bug and then the terrain needs updating.  The problem is not every bugged spot is going to be caught before story launch.  Instead introduce a method to crawl out of these areas using something from out of the inventory.   Another easy fix is to revert to a previous save but since this game auto saves when injured there needs to be two save files.

In the game I like to explore and uncover alternate routes (see mountaineering thread) so getting stuck in these terrain black holes is recurring.  Now the character I use is just for training and when stuck I have very little to lose.  If you never experience this issue before and your character is three months old and now fall into the terrain black hole can cause anyone to rage quit.

BTW I was making a movie reference; 127 hours.

[/spolier]

Archived