Bandage / Weapon selection sulution

MueckE

Seems like people have the same issues with the recent update like they were raised in test branch forum. I have an idea how to fix two of them - first aid and tool selection.

1. It would be a compromise to have a key for using a bandage instantly. No old man's bandage or other medicine, just a regular bandage. So you could instantly stop bloodloss if needed. So you would maybe waste a bandage if you have an old man's bandage also in your backpack or you still have to go to the radial if you have no normal bandage at all.

2. To select a tool right before the fight starts breaks the immersion. I would like to see a "pre-selection" in the "clothing interface". There you have already a slot system. Just add a slot for your prefered tool to fight a wolf. To see what effect a tool has on fighting a wolf could be added to the item description that you can read when clicking on the item in your backpack (if you want this at all).

I think these changes are easy to make and would contribute to a smoother gameplay that doesn't break immersion.

EDIT: I can also see a key binding where the same menu that now appears right before the fight (tool selection) appears when pressing. So let's say you see one wolf and you've changed your mind which tool to use, than you could simply press the key and select a diffrent one within a blink of an eye. Or you also could add this to the radial menu. The point is, pre-selection.

1. Im more "dont fix what is not broken" guy. I liked previous system. New one makes things more complicated without any need nor add value to gameplay. Its a pure regression.

2. Yes, something needs to be done. And this idea is essentially same as it is now, but without need to do it every friggin time.

On 6/16/2017 at 5:15 PM, MueckE said:

No old man's bandage

On 6/16/2017 at 5:15 PM, MueckE said:

if you have an old man's bandage also in your backpack

There are no "old man's bandage" any more.. there are bandages, and old man's beard dressings, and that's it. The OMB substitutes for antiseptic, but it still needs a bandage applied as well.

Archived