Latest changes

junglegreen

Not sure of the latest update   liked the last   "tab" results better  and have noticed a few things.

1...........Food seems to have less calories   or am I imagining it.

2..........Why the lack of need for can openers.

3.........Like the ability to draw maps.

4.......Not yet sure of the work table mechanisms as have only made fishing eqpt but note that old mans beard dressings no longer need bandages to make them.

5.......Sewing kits seem to be used up faster.

Still a great game though even though I have to start  from scratch after the upgrade

13 hours ago, junglegreen said:

Food seems to have less calories   or am I imagining it.

I got that impression too.. but yes, you're imagining it.. the problem is the new hunger meter. It's far harder to judge calorie levels at the low end of the scale, due to the shape of the icon.

Why the lack of need for can openers.

It hasn't changed.. what has changed, is that Hinterland have taken away your freedom to choose what to open cans with.. it automatically goes with "best available option", so you can no longer choose to smash a can open to preserve the condition of a knife or hatchet. The workaround is to drop any tool you don't want used when opening cans.

Same goes for what matches you prefer to use, when lighting torches.

old mans beard dressings no longer need bandages to make them.

Yep.. but note that they are now ONLY a dressing for preventing infection. You still need a bandage as well, for the blood loss.

Sewing kits seem to be used up faster.

When crafting clothing, yes. Seems to be roughly 5% per hour of crafting.

Archived