Problems with squats and fire duration

Mewee

Hello, everyone)

I want to share with you a few observations, which is little bugging me out (sorry for my english):

• squatting hero can climb down from any hillside (even 90 degrees is not a problem) which is balancing his lack of ability to jump)), but still it`s cheaty
  • from time to time i noticing something wrong with fire duration, for example: counter shows that fire will burn for 4 hours and 45 minutes, hero goes for a 4 hours sleep and when he wakes up counter shows that fire will burning for 2 hours more (+- 30 min);
  • duration of day/night time - very often instead of numbers counter displays questions marks (but you probably allready know it)

Thanks for attention and have a nice day)

screen_0bff8b2a-c2f9-4337-ba61-edf497a7b92b.png

The fire duration thing is because the is some kind of duration bonus for outdoor fires since like a year ago. It's hard to pin down the details of the mechanic. but it seems partially based on how hot the fire is? Basically if you make a fire in an outdoor location (back of cave is indoors for example) it will use less then 1 minute of fire time for 1 minute of game time (and the difference can be fairly considerable, like 30% less). Most people are unaware of this mechanic due to the fact that most people like to stay indoors a lot and make their fires in there, but it's been in the game for a long time now (doing a lot of outdoor only gameplay kind of made it obvious it was there for me).

Archived