New realistic difficulty

palmic

Hi HInterlands.

I understand you dont want to give us option to tune our custom difficulty settings yet, because you are getting more quality feedback with limited difficulties and a lot of other developer's reasons, so i would like just to lobb for another "realistic" difficulty settings.

I tried Interloper and i hoped for more than one day this is it, but then i found wolves are too aggressive and common to believe.
The reason why i hoped this is it was because scavenging difficulty was for the first time so close to what i would believe this is really how it should look like in abandoned place - 99% of stuff already gone. - And the fact you have no matches from start is one of my favorite things about the game.

So. I would like to have difficulty which would have wolves from Voyageur and deer and scavenge and initial conditions from Interloper.

Thank you for awesome update and Merry Christmas! :)

+1. I wish we had a difficulty setting just like Voyager, but with wolves being agressive if you're trying to steal their kill or is carrying any meat; with every affliction enabled; and all the rest of the Interloper settings (including the higher damage given by wolves) but still having rifles and bows (maybe 1 of each per game) and a little bit more loot.

11 hours ago, ArcherAC3 said:

+1. I wish we had a difficulty setting just like Voyager, but with wolves being agressive if you're trying to steal their kill or is carrying any meat; with every affliction enabled; and all the rest of the Interloper settings (including the higher damage given by wolves) but still having rifles and bows (maybe 1 of each per game) and a little bit more loot.

But this is rather very different settings than what i wrote, so it doesn't looks like +1 for my comment...

Well, you did want a realistic game mode, wolves being more agressive if you threaten their survival is pretty realistic, and rifles in northern canada is also very realistic. Same goes for all afflictions enabled. 

I mean, why would they make an entirely new game mode if all it did was interloper with easier wolves? 

On 23/12/2016 at 11:37 AM, palmic said:

But this is rather very different settings than what i wrote, so it doesn't looks like +1 for my comment...

Not totally, I agree with you on the wolves being too agressive, thus I said I wished we had wolf behaviour from *Pilgrim* (sorry, I've mistaken it with Voyager) but with them at least attacking you if actually provoked (instead of not attacking you at all, or attacking and stalking you everytime like on the other difficulty modes).

Also, I did like the scavenging difficulty, I liked the fact that you don't start with any matches and very minimal gear. I just wished that we had a little bit more loot, yet way lower than on stalker, just so you can have a better headstart but is still forced to craft your gear after the first few couple of days. Another reason I'm not playing Interloper so much is because that with these settings you seem to be forced to starve yourself way too much, that's another reason why I asked for a small increase in loot.

I don't see how it's rather different anyway.

Understand you very well.. And agree with you about wolves aggressivity, while i was rather talking about how many wolves is in the game.

Right now i have about 20th day in  Voyageur, spent till about 15th day in semi-blizzard all the day, every day, from about 10th day wolves was too common for me, so i started to think hmmm, this looks like game scale now too linearly, that doesnt look so good for me..

But now, about 20th day, weather changed its ways rapidly, now i have clean day often and some days, i dont meet one single wolf for whole day, while traveling and exploring. (including at previous common wolves locations)
And ONCE one wolf even wait for me before hut for about 4 days, before i found i need to sneak away before him!!
And i simply love it! :-)

So, i would really want this with Interloper loot and init Gear.

Updates:

• Oh and i found wolves and rabbits has now their own territoriums which are strictly separated (i found great locations for hunting rabbits where i've never seen a wolf)
  • i would even like to use interloper sleep-healing rate which looks more realistic, than in Voyager where you can easily heal 50% of life per sleep.
  • Now LD put it on next level - i found one wolf is keeping his location for days, always on the watch.
    Once he attacked me, i survived, blizzard was comming...
    Very next day i found his corpse and from that time, he was gone for good! 
    :D

Archived