Deer

Riverotter

I would really like to see deer have more realistic flight response. instead of  straight away from you and then straight back at you. The long dark is quiet a realistic game;however i think deer AI needs to be better. I would like to see a deer run in different direction if scared. even if this makes it harder to scare deer into wolf packs.

Thanks  

I agree the deer have no pre planned escape route.  The deer should be familiar with the territory and head for their safe zones to escape.  If a deer is scared I find it hard to believe it would not bolt and return much later if at all.  The deer behave as the rabbits do in the game, running back and forth and sometimes straight at your position.  The activity of the deer might make sense if they could cause some body impact damage.  In a land where a can of peaches can kill you than it breaks logic that deer bigger than Bambi are not dangerous.

Agreed I would just prefer way smarter deer that don't ever charge you. I have seen many deer in life never been charged yet. I Know that they rarely do attack if they are trapped and feel threatened. I just think it make hunting most peoples main food supply way to easy and boring. Were if it was like If you missed one or scared one off it would be a day or to spot it again, like real deer hunting. I know now and then they real deer will move twenty feet and look back, Rarely. 

Archived