yukon gold rush

LunarCaptain

so i have played the long dark for a while. But now i have a choice to make. I either continue on past day -- on pilgrim or move to a different difficulty. Why is thriving not an option, well other than it not being in the storyline. I go out fish and check my snares a daily life. 

This was just an idea, though. why not do a klondike style map it would be great with seasons (i don't know if they are still planned) in theory. The year 1894 January and the player is up looking in the mountains for gold or silver. they have also brought their family also and they have to eat too. there also me no garanteed manmade strucktures. You start with a tent with will only block the wind,

some of what the feature may be.

map-cave best place for gold, silver, mushrooms and bears

map-river connects cave to homestead has a nice view of the lake. the merchant will also visit.

map-forest. connects to homestead and is a good place to find wood.

map-homestead the place were you should thrive 

gold/silver of coure can be melted into ingots. can also be sold. Found in the caves mined using a pickaxe and works like fishing. spending time digging at a spot.

Merchant a man whos up be cannoe ever 3-7 days items can be bought and sold. 

cola, candy bars, MRE's etc. basicly food that does not exist in that time will not be there. But things like salted cracker, tin of coffee, and pork and beans will be still avalable. 

New things like more canned food and bags of flour will be there.

bunkers are replaced with forgotten miners dens. 

You now have famly members starting with 2 and more can be gained by paying the merchant. But you can assigin them one task like go mine  

builidng your home from an already premade plan. you're gonna have to cut alot a tree limbs for that one.

seasons start in winter, plant food in spring harvest in fall.

animals like chickens and cows can be bought from the merchant, but they we also need to eat, However they will produce milk and eggs. that are much needed to surivie the winters. 

difficulty spikes, after two whole years ready or not you will advance in diffuctly, with all of your assets intact. 

that kind of covers it i would like to hear what you guys think of this idea. this is also my first post. so sorry if i did not use the proper tags

• 3 weeks later...

Why the heck would someone waste time digging for gold and silver when they can't be used to help stay alive? Currency? Money is useless and I can't see a shiny rock like that having value unless mankind has maintained the ability to make wiring and such, re-introducing electricity to the world. Most transactions would probably be done in barter for things like food and medicine.

hey gold/silver was just part of the idea and bigger picture is that you are making a homestead for you and your family. money its self can be used to buy things from a merchant who shows up at your homestead every 4-7 days.

If the mining aspect does not appeal to you farming, hunting and carving a life out there might. 

On 12/8/2016 at 0:33 AM, LunarCaptain said:

so i have played the long dark for a while. But now i have a choice to make. I either continue on past day -- on pilgrim or move to a different difficulty. Why is thriving not an option, well other than it not being in the storyline. I go out fish and check my snares a daily life. 

This was just an idea, though. why not do a klondike style map it would be great with seasons (i don't know if they are still planned) in theory. The year 1894 January and the player is up looking in the mountains for gold or silver. they have also brought their family also and they have to eat too. there also me no garanteed manmade strucktures. You start with a tent with will only block the wind,

some of what the feature may be.

map-cave best place for gold, silver, mushrooms and bears

map-river connects cave to homestead has a nice view of the lake. the merchant will also visit.

map-forest. connects to homestead and is a good place to find wood.

map-homestead the place were you should thrive 

gold/silver of coure can be melted into ingots. can also be sold. Found in the caves mined using a pickaxe and works like fishing. spending time digging at a spot.

Merchant a man whos up be cannoe ever 3-7 days items can be bought and sold. 

cola, candy bars, MRE's etc. basicly food that does not exist in that time will not be there. But things like salted cracker, tin of coffee, and pork and beans will be still avalable. 

New things like more canned food and bags of flour will be there.

bunkers are replaced with forgotten miners dens. 

You now have famly members starting with 2 and more can be gained by paying the merchant. But you can assigin them one task like go mine  

builidng your home from an already premade plan. you're gonna have to cut alot a tree limbs for that one.

seasons start in winter, plant food in spring harvest in fall.

animals like chickens and cows can be bought from the merchant, but they we also need to eat, However they will produce milk and eggs. that are much needed to surivie the winters. 

difficulty spikes, after two whole years ready or not you will advance in diffuctly, with all of your assets intact. 

that kind of covers it i would like to hear what you guys think of this idea. this is also my first post. so sorry if i did not use the proper tags

You do have some good ideas;however, i think it would have to be a different game in genral. for people that want that kind of stuff. I like that kind of stuff, but i like the long dark and the direction it has been going, good luck out there in hope to se you on the mountains.

On 12/28/2016 at 10:26 PM, Riverotter said:

You do have some good ideas;however, i think it would have to be a different game in genral. for people that want that kind of stuff. I like that kind of stuff, but i like the long dark and the direction it has been going, good luck out there in hope to se you on the mountains.

I hope hinterland is planning on a sequel to this. But not sequel for games story but Sequel as in style of gameplay. I can see this type of gameplay being a gold rush story, a camping story, even a horror story.  

there are so many games out there that let you destroy the environment completely and that itself destroys the feeling of being at odds with your surroundings. Here yes you can take, but you may only take so much.

Archived