stamina not what it used to be

AZHockeyNut

for some reason I wonder if stamina has been tweaked recently? I got out of the lookout tower first thing in the morning after full rest.  climbed down the rope. there was a wolf waiting for me so I climbed right back up. when I noticed the temp was a balmy -20 I headed back to the tower. my condition bar for fatigue was below 50%. I was not really thirsty or hungry but not even that cold, maybe 20% left on the bar.

I have felt like in the last few builds the character gets tired far more quickly.

Rope climbing is very strenuous.  Expect to lose around 1/2 of your fatigue bar for each ropeway up.  (Stamina is the bar that appears on the top right when you are sprinting or climbing.)

Sprinting is also and still strenuous.  You can empty your entire fatigue bar in under three hours because: sprinting.

I get it that it is strenuous. no doubt. however, I literally woke up after a long sleep fully rested. Went down the stairs in ML of the lookout. Unencumbered, I went down the rope I had deployed the night before. I exited the rope, turned around and there was a wolf. I turned around again (no walking or sprinting) and climbed up again. I expected my stamina bar (top right) to be dead for going down and back up. But it was my fatigue bar in the condition (left side for me where the thirst, temp, hunger etc are) that was at least half way down. Not possible, I had to go rest again. I keep thinking I can't even make it a full 10-11 hours of daylight chopping wood, repairing clothing,  and fishing without needing to sleep in the daylight or hearing the character whine about how tired he/she is. It just seems to me the last few updates are worse. I have been trying a combination of the badges to see if perhaps one of those makes a difference and I think they almost make it worse and they are not supposed to!

here is an example. I slept in my bedroll in the camp office in ML. woke up fully rested. went out front to the big cedar tree that is generally there by the dead body. cut it for my 5 logs and 2 tinder. went back inside, lit a fire which was to last about 2 hours or so. That image is during that fire after boiling some snow and making water. Look how much daylight is left. I went out at daybreak not in the dark! So I was up for what 3 hours and I am already that tired on full water and full rest and 100% condition? I find that crazy. I went outside and then skinned a wolf and to warm up I read an hour from a book now I am half way down the fatigue. at this pace I cannot last more that a few hours in daylight with resting. I am right in front of the cabin so no need to run!

fatigue.JPG

Archived