Ammo weight

Trandor

Rifle ammunition currently weighs 0.1kg per shot. Well again, since one hardly finds any ammo, this is not a problem as of yet. But I imagine later in the game, when you have say 50 rounds, this may be a problem, since then they will bulk up to a full 5kg of the 30kg you can carry.

And while I do not know what you crazy canadians use to fire your arms, the bullets I've used certainly were well below 0.1 kg, they were usually at about 0.005 to 0.012 kg.

I hadn't noticed this. I just weighed one of my .303 rounds, and it came in just under an ounce.

.1kg = 3.5 ounces.

I don't know if ammo will ever be abundant, but you do have a solid point. My guess is that .1kg was a placeholder.

Of course, if they ever decided to add a .22 rifle for hunting smaller game, like fox and hare, the ammo would be MUCH lighter. It probably wouldn't be very effective against larger animals... like the bear or moose, but it would be a good option for a light weight alternative to bulkier firearms and ammunition types.

I'll take .22 any day. 500 rounds... uner 4 lbs

Right!? That is one of the reasons I got a .22 revolver for target shooting. The ammo is light, abundant and inexpensive (at least it used to be...), and doesn't have a lot of complicated parts. Plus, I love the reliability of a revolver. Can we have one of those, too, please?

The ammo is light, abundant and inexpensive (at least it used to be...),

You ain't kidding. Haven't seen it on the shelves here for almost a year.

I love the reliability of a revolver. Can we have one of those, too, please?

.22lr's failure rate actually increases significantly in cold weather thanks to it's chemical primer. That would be an interesting addition to the game. Misfires. :twisted:

I love the reliability of a revolver. Can we have one of those, too, please?

.22lr's failure rate actually increases significantly in cold weather thanks to it's chemical primer. That would be an interesting addition to the game. Misfires. :twisted:

Ouch, that would definitely impact survivability in a few regards. That is why I am pushing for being able to craft a bow and arrows for hunting.

Archived