Cabin fever

palmic

Sorry for topic just about this new feature, but i believe its really important, because this is the first time you added so bad feature to the game.

Please give us almost option to turn this nonsense off.

Or can you imagine someone at 5% of life without any sleeping bag available how he'll rather freeze to death outdoors, than sleep eaten in the warm bed in the cabin????

I was always searching for most realistic difficulty available which was pilgrim, because stalker was like digital game from 80's where you did slalom between cars (just here you have to do it between the Wolves which are everywhere..).

Now  Interloper beaten them all, until i got this cabin fever thing.

Please let me remove it.

Thanks for all of your awesome work Guys! :)

================================================================================================================

UPDATE: ok, iam done with Long Dark until you remove this thing.

My avatar died by tiredness on threshold of freezing because he simply refused to sleep indoors (can you imagine???)

bye bye.

================================================================================================================

UPDATE 2: I tried it again (as i wasn't able to stop playing LD) and it turned into much better feature as i was prepared and able to manage Cabin Fever risk.

The problem was just about 2 things.

1) There is not warning about CF risk, it should be notified like Hypotermia risk

2) Player should be immune to cabin fever if he is bellow let's say 10% of life, nothing would stop someone to fall into sleep if he would be in risk of death

That's my opinion,

thanks again for this awesome game!

1 hour ago, palmic said:

Sorry for topic just about this new feature, but i believe its really important, because this is the first time you added so bad feature to the game.

Please give us almost option to turn this nonsense off.

Or can you imagine someone at 5% of life without any sleeping bag available how he'll rather freeze to death outdoors, than sleep eaten in the warm bed in the cabin????

I was always searching for most realistic difficulty available which was pilgrim, because stalker was like digital game from 80's where you did slalom between cars (just here you have to do it between the Wolves which are everywhere..).

Now  Interloper beaten them all, until i got this cabin fever thing.

Please let me remove it.

Thanks for all of your awesome work Guys! :)

UPDATE: ok, iam done with Long Dark until you remove this thing.

My avatar died by tiredness on threshold of freezing because he simply refused to sleep indoors (can you imagine???)

bye bye.

Sorry to hear you are leaving! As it stands, Cabin Fever is a challenge to be negotiated just like any other. If you want to avoid it completely, it doesn't exist on Pilgrim Mode. 

And we do hope you eventually find your way back to the game. :coffee:

Hi Patrick, thanks for so quick response :)

I am sure i will return, because this simply doesn't make sense, i am sure it will be optional feature at final and even if it wouldn't be, mods will make me able to remove it for sure.

have a nice day.

• 2 months later...

Archived