Bring back the previous 'location discovered' sound in some fashion?

Ryal

I recently played the offered first release build to see just how far The Long Dark has come from its infancy. It brought back a lot of nostalgia as well as frustration. (I never realized how much I liked being able to continue walking while looking at my stats!) I walked up the hill to the Forestry Lookout and heard a sound that I hadn't heard in months- the old music clip that plays whenever a major landmark was discovered. I am aware that I might be in the minority, here, but I really liked that little sound bite.
Is there a way that it could be incorporated back into the game in some way? Perhaps the old one could be the sound bite a player hears while exploring at night while the current one could be heard during the daylight hours?

When I heard the new discover sound for the first time I thought they kept the old one and that both were being played randomly. I was a bit disappointed when I discovered that only the new one was playing all the time.

Unless there is a reason to not use the old one that we don't know, I agree with you and I think both sounds could be played randomly when discovering landmarks.

Archived