The Hunted Part 2: Whiteout (Odd bear mechanics)

Hatchet

I gave it that title because i thought it was appropriate and the idea would make for great gameplay, heck i had to try it without even realising it, but i did enjoy it :D
Oh yes you're probably wondering what i'm talking about, well let me enlighten you...

During a whiteout challenge i was being stalked by an aggressive brown bear, reminded me of the one during the Hunted challenge, not as agressive as in it wasn't chasing me 24/7, though it was still able to teleport.
I wasn't going to bother making a post about it if i didn't had a video with atleast some kind of proof, because this whole thing to be honest sounds redicilous...
The thing was, i kind of had to proof that i didn't provoke the bear in any way, so the only thing i could basically do was go to sleep and show my stats and hope for it to teleport when i walk outside. (Didn't even equire the rifle yet, you can see in my stats screen that i have zero fired shots)
So after a few tries and a few near deaths on the open ice (i had to press pause and hit quit a few times, nowhere to run...) i managed to get what i think is legit proof of what i (and in some way others) talk about.

So to summarize; Bear would randomly teleport (Can't see it in the vid but you can hear it, though i've seen it), (~1.5 times a day during the hours i was outside), Bear was always aggressive (didn't stop chasing at all, not even when far enough away, only when going into a loading screen, when going back in an instant the bear would be nowhere to be seen), Bear could get oddly close on occasions and not attack.

Before i show the video i'd also like to mention that it was a very fun extra challenge ontop of the whiteout challenge, i have honestly never sweat that much whilst playing a game, the feeling was amazing, i was more scared then i was as a kid playing Resident Evil :D You guys should try it out for yourselves...

This was recorded yesterday and uploaded today.

~Hatchet

14 hours ago, cekivi said:

Spooky! :D

@Hatchet: On the snow, is that a blood trail from an earlier wolf struggle? I've yet to encounter anyone on X-box with "broken" blood trails on x-box but they seem common on PC...

Jup, and blood trails seem to be fine now on Xbone, they didn't used to be
Didn't loose a single % health but there's a blood splatter :P it ran off whilst attacking.
Seems like you can also scare wolves by sneaking up on them and standing up straight when you're close enough to basically touch them, needs more testing though.

Edit: Oops, i thought i was in my other topic, ah well...
Edit 2: Forgot to edit my comment -.- it was late yesterday, yeah that wolf got me good, but it's my bood trail you're seeing, even after ~3 days the blood trail was still visible indoors (in the Gas Station)
Forgive me my foncusion...

~Hatchet

Archived