Use that hot water if you're cold

Warg

Getting cold after a few hours fishing? Start a fire, melt some snow or better pour some water from your pack, boil it and drink it. It's not a cup of tea, it's 1 liter of hot liquid. That's got to heat you up. Might make you hungry but at east you're not cold anymore.

Might be worth including in the inventory a cooking pot, 0.5kg and a small tripod for it to sit in the fire. Make the tripod from scrap metal. Might also be interesting to do this anywhere you can have a fire for 20 minutes to heat up some water. Carry weight and accelerated hunger versus heat on the spot.

Oh, speaking of safe to drink water, why can't I purify water everywhere I please? Do I have to be by a fire to push a tablet in a bottle?

34 minutes ago, Warg said:

Do I have to be by a fire to push a tablet in a bottle?

You don't have to, do you?

I've rarely used water purifying tabs, to be honest, but I'm pretty sure you can use them anywhere. Select them in the inventory, and click 'use'. (you need 1L non-potable water per tab, I think.)

I've had to use them a few times.  Its just 1 tablet per 1L or water.  I guess it might not work if you don't have at least the 1L of non-potable water.  I was no where near a fire to do this.  Couldn't make a fire at the time.

3 hours ago, Pillock said:

You don't have to, do you?

I've rarely used water purifying tabs, to be honest, but I'm pretty sure you can use them anywhere. Select them in the inventory, and click 'use'. (you need 1L non-potable water per tab, I think.)

You can always use water purification tablets provided you have dirty water in your inventory. Just select the water tablet in your first aid inventory screen and your character will treat 1L of water. 

Archived