New Craftable Items

PlayDiscGolf

I think a bear trap would be great as a passive way of capturing both wolves and bears, without requiring a bow and arrow or the rifle. You could craft it from current items, scrap metal (2-3 pieces), line, and maybe a reclaimed piece of wood or even introduce new items such as a gear or similar mechanisms. 

except, if you step on one, unlike re4, there is NO WAY IN HELL YOU'D ESCAPE IT!

let me give an example of what a bear trap does... If this is put in game, for the sake of not making it gory, you should be able to pry out, but in real life... It does this... Actually, never mind, the only gif I found was a liveleak of someone punching the pressure plate and cutting off his own hand... What was seen cannot be unseen... :S

3 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

except, if you step on one, unlike re4, there is NO WAY IN HELL YOU'D ESCAPE IT!

let me give an example of what a bear trap does... If this is put in game, for the sake of not making it gory, you should be able to pry out, but in real life... It does this... Actually, never mind, the only gif I found was a liveleak of someone punching the pressure plate and cutting off his own hand... What was seen cannot be unseen... :S

oh , you shouldn't see that. :(
does it attach to something?
I don't want an angry bear chasing me with a foot trap on its foot!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think people understand, a bear trap is ENORMOUSLY powerful, it will cut and smash through bones if a human sized foot stepped on it, it's so powerful in fact, I don't know how hinterland would add it without it being gory? Maybe the animal (or human) struggle to get out?

1 minute ago, Docterrok said:

I don't think people understand, a bear trap is ENORMOUSLY powerful, it will cut and smash through bones if a human sized foot stepped on it, it's so powerful in fact, I don't know how hinterland would add it without it being gory? Maybe the animal (or human) struggle to get out?

don't know. 
but they will do their best. 

actually i don't want to step  on my own bear trap!
so what should we do?

5 minutes ago, alone sniper said:

don't know. 
but they will do their best. 

actually i don't want to step  on my own bear trap!
so what should we do?

Don't make it gory, because if it was realistic, you'd be called Stumpy McGee if you stepped on one. Make escaping one a QuickTime event, like fighting a wolf, you need to use a prybar for it to be most effective, then if you escape, you sustain some SERIOUS afflictions, like shattered shinbone and heavy bleeding, you'll have to crawl, and tending a bear trap wound should be a multiple day process.

14 minutes ago, Docterrok said:

Thus why you can only crawl, you can't walk while you sustain the injury, and a new affliction should be added where we must reapply bandages for multiple days.

bandage can't do anything. 

we have foot amputation. and bandage is useless. even if you crawl you will bleed out to death.
so , maybe i shouldn't be so realistic. or maybe you are right.

I feel the craftable items are limited e.g. I would like to make a whole line of bear clothing, mittens, pants, jacket, etc. Same goes with the other hides, you should be able to use all of those animals for a variety of different items/accessories/articles of clothing, rather than the one or two allotted. 

Archived