100 hours on XBONE a wish list

miah999

I have over 100 hours in TLD for XBONE, and my current save is just over 70 days in Pilgrim, with 75% of locations visited. This is a brief wish list of thing I'd like to see added to the game, some are a little more XBONE specific than others. If any of these ideas have been mentioned by others please consider this a +1 to their ideas.

- Binoculars - A pair of 20x binoculars would be great for spotting prey, predators, or interesting locations in the distance. Could theoretically be used to start a fire on a sunny day.

- Stone Tools - I own a variety of survival guides, many of which contain some simple stone tools. Simple stone axes and knives could be crafted fairly easily. These and more advanced flint napping techniques could be learned from in-game books, and since one of the best napping tools is deer antler, it would also give us something to do with those. Bones could also be used to make handles, if the devs wanted to make deer 100% usable. In general I like the idea of some "technologies" being learned from in-game books.

- Rifle Upgrades - I know this is not COD nor do I want it to be, but some basic items like a 10x scope and bi-pod are quite common and useful items. I personally have both for my real rifles. A scope could also be used as a spyglass, much like binoculars.

- Ability to drop/pickup Backpacks - This would be grate when you need to run, or when simply milling about your shelter. Without your backpack you'd have a smaller inventory, maybe 10 lbs. This of course would mean you could loose your backpack. If your not equipped with a backpack, you could pick up one in the map and use it. This could also allow you to intentionally go out without a backpack to collect a second one to use as a container. 

- A Wilderness w/o man-made structures - I live in West Virginia, USA, and despite being within a few hundred miles of major cities in any direction, there are still vast areas with no structures of any kind. I'd think middle of nowhere Canada would have even less.

- Difficulty sliders - I mostly play Pilgrim not because I can't survive on the higher difficulty levels, but because I don't like the vicious animals, just not my cup of tea. So I'd like to be able to adjust the weather, animals, and human factors (hunger, etc.) independently.

- Adjustable fonts and reticle - On PC this is not much of an issue, but on a TV across the room, it can be difficult to read white text on snow, or see the tiny dot.

- Status HUD button toggle - Every so often I'd need this info on screen a bit longer then normal, so it would be nice if the button was a toggle. One click on, and then another to turn off.

Well that's all for now. Comments and ideas welcome.

I definitively agree with the backpack, especially with meat not going as badly outdoors. Same for the bone tools and I would even add on an ice fishing spike from the deer bone that you can just leave like a rabbit trap and catch one fish.

I'm pretty sure maps have been mentioned before and most people don't need one. However, It might be cool to be able to draw one in your notebook or something. Also, what about a backpacking tent? I have one that weighs about 8 lbs and fits in my backpack nicely, seems like there should be a few lying around.

Archived