Sleep/Passtime in Car

ShawnB

It is still possible. You need to go into your radial menu and select your bedroll from the camp craft option. The regular sleep menu should appear.

Note that you don't need to have a bedroll in your inventory for this to work. ^_^

13 minutes ago, ShawnB said:

Since the radial menu update I can't figure out how to Passtime or sleep in cars. Am I missing somethings or is this no longer possible?

When in a car, whether you have a bedroll or not, you should be able to access the bedroll option from the Radial menu under "campcraft." That should let you sleep. But watch out, it gets cold in there. 

When I am in a car I can sleep with either the usual bedroll (even if i don't have it) or my bearskin bedroll.

Just wondering if someone tried to sleep in a car selecting the bearskin bedroll. Do you loose % on the bedroll? Do you have a higher temperature bonus?

7 hours ago, Zambudjo said:

Just wondering if someone tried to sleep in a car selecting the bearskin bedroll. Do you loose % on the bedroll? Do you have a higher temperature bonus?

I've tested this a while ago indeed. While you're inside a car, the radial menu shows a blue bedroll icon symbolizing the car by default. If you have a blue bedroll in your inventory, you'll thus have the option to choose between two different blue bedroll icons in the radial menu. One is your own "real" bedroll, the other one is just the default car symbol. The same is true for the bearskin bedroll - you can choose whether you want to sleep inside a car with (pick the bearskin bedroll symbol) or without (pick the blue car bedroll icon) it.

Only bedrolls you're actually using will deteriorate. As long as you always pick the car-related blue bedroll, your own bedrolls will not take any damage.

The temperature bonus is currently bugged (or at least was a few weeks ago). It only gave +3°C even if you used the bearskin bedroll. But according to Support that's not intended and will probably be fixed soon. (If it hasn't been fixed already anyway, I haven't played in a while now.):winky:

To avoid confusion, I would btw find it a good idea to exchange the current default car icon (bedroll). Maybe with a car seat symbol or something. 

Archived