repair fur clothes..

Dahoset

it s very simple 

we need 2 deer skin to make boots...and 1 skin repair boots for 30 %....why not 50 % ? for now i sometime kill dear just to harvest the skin and i let the meat 

seriously i walk 5-6 day and i have to repair cause mt cloth are really damage.

i hope deer repop because i m killing the species just to repair my clothes :D 

and can we dry skin faster ? because i let a skin in a house where i never make fire etc.. and i compare to the skin in "my house" ...it s the same time to dry ... 

11 hours ago, Dahoset said:

it s very simple 

we need 2 deer skin to make boots...and 1 skin repair boots for 30 %....why not 50 % ? for now i sometime kill dear just to harvest the skin and i let the meat 

and can we dry skin faster ? because i let a skin in a house where i never make fire etc.. and i compare to the skin in "my house" ...it s the same time to dry ... 

Yes the deer will repopulate eventually, although you can deplete a specific area and complicate this process for yourself. I would say the "time to cure" for animal skins is tuned the way it is because of the investment we want players to make in those items. Compared to a scavenged down vest, or winter jacket, we like that the deerskin boots or wolfskin coat reflect a real achievement by the player. You've worked hard for them. :coffee:

ok thanks for the answer :D 

i gonna kill them all :P hu hu 

and i didn t see if in the future we can craft clothes with all fur, for ex : wolf fur boots or bear jacket etc..or even rabbit pants.

ho and thank you for this game it s a real fucking great experience, i dont think a have ever feel so much emotion with another game.

the fear of the dark when wolves howl

the proud when i kill my first deer with a bow

the doubt when i explore and the blizzard is coming 

the well-being when the fire crackles a the end of a long day... 

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/31/2016 at 3:34 AM, Dahoset said:

it s very simple 

One thing I do is have spare insulated boots (if I have them) and use them for close stuff or hunting.  Nothing pisses me off faster than just making skins stuff to have it torn apart by wolf or bear.  For further walks or colder weather I use the deer skin stuff then.

Archived