Random falling damage

Ubermensch

7 hours ago, nicko said:

where you over weight? maybe that makes you more prone to sustaining a sprained ankle when walking over uneven surfaces?

Also happens when not overweight, but being close to it. Perhaps it's just a random chance given by overall weight, with a higher increase once you go in the red. Kind of like getting food poisoning from a 75% foodstuff.

Something like this happened to me in real life before, so it seems realistic to me at least. Also, tripping in thick snow is kind of common if you don't know the area it seems, considering that there can be hidden roots and other things. Maybe when we're carrying too much weight we simply can't catch our balance soon enough ;)

Guest Support

There are a number of things that play into how a sprain can happen. For example weight, movement speed and how steep the surface you're on can all factor into your chance to sprain.

TWM is particular hard on the player. The ground is often broken by small chunks of ice and rock. There are a lot of areas where you could "trip" and sprain something. That being said, we are planning improvements to the system as we know the feedback is not always clear. More so if you sprain your wrist.

1 minute ago, Support said:

There are a number of things that play into how a sprain can happen. For example weight, movement speed and how steep the surface you're on is can all factor into your chance to sprain.

TWM is particular hard on the player. The ground is often broken by small chunks of ice and rock. There are a lot of areas where you could "trip" and sprain something. That being said, we are planning improvements to the system as we know the feedback is not always clear. More so if you sprain your wrist.

Thank you for being this responsive, I've joined the game a couple of weeks ago (Deals with Gold sale) and I'm really happy not just for the awesome game but also for the amazing community and official support from you (Hinterland team). Coming back to the post topic, yeah, it's not so clear how those dynamics work, maybe some advices in game or a dedicated post here at the forums would meke it better.

Thanks again.

4 minutes ago, Claysmiff1702 said:

Thanks! Glad to be here, absolutely love this game and its dev team.

Yeah, it's really refreshing to actually be part of a gaming community where the devs actually listen and do things! I played way too many games of the company that shall not be mentioned here ;)

Something I'd like to see would be increased risk of falling damage around branches and sticks.

Archived