v.338 Disappearing Wolf

2012 MacBook Pro 

• Mac OSX 10.11 El Capitan
  • 2.6 GHz Intel Quad Core i7
  • 8 GB RAM
  • NVIDIA GeForce GT 650M 1GB VRAM

Pilgrim mode, 22 days in. Outside Carter Hydro Plant, spooked a wolf. Watched him running around, then he disappeared right in front of me. Walked up to the point of disappearance, and his tracks stopped right there. 

F8 debug screenshot of the location. Hope it helps. BTW, great job on the update!

57475acbd8777_TLDDisappearingWolfv.338.t

I looked around and didn't see it right away. Then I saw it again in the same general area (the zone across the tracks from the dam entrance) a few in game minutes later. The area is so hilly, with the river behind me in the screenshot that it could have teleported down the bank and I didn't see it "reappear".

I'll keep an eye out in that general area and see if it happens again. I'm camping out in the dam for a couple of days anyway, waiting on the last few deer hides to cure before I hit the Ravine and Coastal Highway beyond.

3 hours ago, Support said:

Just want to understand if it disappeared or teleported.

I have had this happen in CH. Went hunting wolfs to fix my coat as I needed a new hide. Was by the burned down cabin by the dock crouched down watching 3 wolfs on the ice (between land and the fishing cabin) waiting for one of them to get closer to me so I could shoot it. There were 3 of them on the ice when one of them disappeared! Then all of a sudden it appeared right in front of me (to my surprise) and was walking away from me back out on the ice (it did not see me, had his back to me). Needless to say I got my hide pretty fast that way. This is the 1st time I have seen a wolf teleport to a different location. This was just before the last update v.338.    

Archived