v .338 Going to bed instead of switching off lantern

Maikleeps

When standing right in front of a bed (or a locker or similar) and carrying a lantern (or a flare or similar) and want to switch it off or on one goes to bed (or opens the locker or similar).

I suggest the following:

Click and release the mouse button triggers the action like going to bed or open the locker.

Click and hold the mouse button triggers the action of the item holding in the hand.

yeh this has annoyed me as well but thinking about it who wants to sleep with a lantern or a flare. meaning you have to turn it off before you sleep or die :)

or sorry if I have miss understood you post, please explain further?

13 minutes ago, nicko said:

yeh this has annoyed me as well but thinking about it who wants to sleep with a lantern or a flare. meaning you have to turn it off before you sleep or die :)

or sorry if I have miss understood you post, please explain further?

You precisely got me right. Your example is true. But think of opening a locker with the lantern switched on. You (currently) don't need light for putting stuff into a locker (e.g. locker in Carter Hydro Dam). In order to switch the lantern off you stand in front of the locker and look somewhere else then turn back and open the locker. Same for the bed.

lockers maybe you would place the lantern on the floor or holster it, then go to opening the locker, or just do it holding one I don't  think it matters to much apart from burning kero, which you will want to save/limit burn time. I think the new .388 indoor lighting mods might address a few of these finding indoor stuff anyways.

Archived