My 'The Long Dark' Rap

Dark Winter

I set here warming up by the fire, but with the sun heading down I know my situation is dire,

I've been thrusted into, a new world with you, but who will make it out alive, and thrive, and who will fall and break through,

There's new disasters, people dying faster, were dropping like flies, like we're bursting christmas lights,

and I beg of you try, to keep your eyes open one more night,

the harsh teeth of the wild want to bite down, all the wild animals are prowling around,

we're not safe anywhere, whether it's a lighthouse or sacred ground,

So scavenge for supplies, stay alive one more night, and don't let the bear shaking you awake give you too much fright,

Hypothermia, Dysentery, I don't think, I'm ready, another day will kill me, I don't want to be history.

So I'll keep fighting through the blizzard winds, trying to grasp another breathe through the situation were in.

So many people, pulled down with the current, but I won't be swept up, I won't be forgotten,

So I'll fight through another night, I won't let mother nature's jaws bite, another house, I wonder what's inside?

Just one more granola bar left in my bag, just drank the last sip of water I'm going downhill fast

I'm hiding in a tractor surrounded by gasoline, I'm gonna have to brandish light, my only weapon, and show these wolves who's the king.

I'm running, I'm bolting, these wolves think it's funny,

Hope they go for that bunny, hope I don't run into Fluffy!

The lights went out, bears about, and I don't think these wolves will attack me with even a doubt....

I've fought for my life, gone through happiness and strife,

I remember the highs and the lows as I start to close my eyes...

The cold is setting in, I repent for any sins.... I just wish this never happened and I was with my wife and kids...

I have no chance of survival, my eyes are seeing a spiral, I'm out of firewood and I'm losing my vitals!

Suddenly I feel warm, and the snow fades away, and my heart stops beating as I float to a better place.

That took a while....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

So, I thought I'd just say this because I felt like it, two parts of this were inspired by real playthroughs.

"don't let the bear shaking you awake give you too much fright"

I literally fell out of my chair when that happened. I was forced to sleep on the road of Coastal Highway, unknowingly right by a bear cave. I died as he walked away.

"I'm hiding in a tractor"

3 wolves chasing me.

A bear nearby.

A nearby farmhouse.

Somehow I survived.

On 18.6.2016 at 8:14 PM, CheetoGo said:

So, I thought I'd just say this because I felt like it, two parts of this were inspired by real playthroughs.

"don't let the bear shaking you awake give you too much fright"

I literally fell out of my chair when that happened. I was forced to sleep on the road of Coastal Highway, unknowingly right by a bear cave. I died as he walked away.

"I'm hiding in a tractor"

3 wolves chasing me.

A bear nearby.

A nearby farmhouse.

Somehow I survived.

That sounds intense. One of those moments that make me play the game over and over again!

I still believe you should record it and put a beat on it, and I will remind you of this until you do :P

• 2 weeks later...

Archived