Stomach Parasite Exploit

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been reported. I'm not much of an active member. There is a way to exploit the new stomach parasite mechanic. As soon as you get a stomach parasite, provided you have enough antibiotics etc to treat it, you can then eat as much wolf/bear meat as you want during this period of illness without any bad repercussions. This felt paradoxical as I was literally stuffing my face with wolfmeat before I took my last antibiotic for the course (as once I had recovered I would have to go back to being careful not to eat too much again). Perhaps if eating wolfmeat/bearmeat would make you drastically more ill if you already have the stomach parasites, then this would be a way to make the disease even more challenging.

Thanks for the fantastic game!

Hi,

I noticed this as well, yesterday. I´m quite sure that this is an exploit, isn´t it?

I got the illness and lived on bear and wolf meat during those days - nothing happened. I mean, you should at least get a risk to increase the illness period or something like this. But the way the mechanic works right now feels quite wrong, somehow.

But you are on the pills so you should be protected right?

I haven't had the parasites since the last update.  Is the rest bar still reverse capped so you can never get exhausted?  If it is I could really put those parasites to work...

4 hours ago, selfless said:

But you are on the pills so you should be protected right?

I haven't had the parasites since the last update.  Is the rest bar still reverse capped so you can never get exhausted?  If it is I could really put those parasites to work...

That what I would expect the intuitively but I'm not an expert. At least I would expect you would likely be more hardened against the Infection. 

I see it as a trade off. You have to give up valuable resources (currently antibiotics) to get a brief opportunity to fatten up on predator meat. 

I'm okay if the devs feel it needs balancing but I don't know that I would call it an exploit at this point.

Archived