Wishlist and random thoughts for future updates

freakquency

After the April update i got into thinking about what else can be added to the game and here is a short list of them

• 1- Hunting/harvesting skill- It determines the maksimum harvestable meat for a prey. The higher the better and it increases with the each animal hunted
  • 2- Salting meat - It preserves the meat much longer even if its in raw form.Salt can be found throughout the maps in kitchens etc.
  • 3- New wildlife/preys - Small animals like squarrels and birds can be added. Birds may have lootable nests for eggs etc.
  • 4- Bedrolls can be made undegradable or degradable wiith very low rate. Its unrealistic to use a bedroll 20times with 10hours sleep and it vanishes.
  • 5- Lighter - I cannot think of a house without a one and its the most common object for smokers etc.
  • 6- Lootable gas tanks for cars and houses like in coastal highway
  • 7-New clothes like snow mask, snowshoes, different types of coats..
  • 8- craftable backpacks with more capacity which degrades like other clothes etc
  • 9- Other mountaineering equipment whick makes climbing much easy
  • 10- planks can be used to make a shelter warmer by baricating windows etc.
  • 11- Snow with different depths with different walking/running penalties.
  • 12- Flowing water and fishing traps/nets which can be found nearby
  • 13- Seasons - I know its a long term wish:)
  • 14- Bear traps - The purpose is obvious.
  • 15- New gun prefarably a hand gun weighting less and less powerful
  • 16- Player can sleep on floor indoors with heat penalty and it wont give the same bonus as sleeping in bedroll also.
  • 17- Wolfpacks in open areas for not making the game even harder:)
  • 18- Reading books to overcome cabin fever
  • 19- Lootable car seat for cloth
  • 20- Long term wish - Making a shelter with looted planks/ wood etc, Nails and other stuff can be added into gameplay
  • 21- Electricity from still intact generators for some lucky houses.
  • 22- Undegradable Canned food or degradable at too low rates. Its supposed to still consumable after long years
  • 23- Outdoor storage containers lockers may have storage advantage for food.
  • 24-  Rabbits and other small preys can be picked up and harvestable in shelter? For example it adds 3-4kgs per rabbit.
  • 25- Meat can be burried for future use. In situations for not carrying too much weight.
  • 26- Melting snow can be achieved by without using a heatsource indoors if the temperature is above 0 santigrats
  •  

6 hours ago, freakquency said:

5- Lighter - I cannot think of a house without a one and its the most common object for smokers etc.

Ummm, not in my house. We don't smoke, and for emergencies we have matches. :big_smile:

7-New clothes like snow mask, snowshoes, different types of coats..

I'm still waiting for my Inuit snow goggles . . .  :geek:

8- craftable backpacks with more capacity which degrades like other clothes etc

I'd like to pick up all those backpacks laying around and at least break them down for the cloth!

18- Reading books to overcome cabin fever

Or to level up skillz!

24-  Rabbits and other small preys can be picked up and harvestable in shelter? For example it adds 3-4kgs per rabbit.

Yes, please!

Some good suggestions. Many of them have already been previously discussed in other threads, but hey, great minds think alike! (or at least similarly)

Just now, freakquency said:
  • 7-New clothes like snow mask, snowshoes, different types of coats..
  •  
  •  

I'd love to have some snow/ski sunglasses to prevent you from damaging your eyes when the day is too bright and not cloudy. I'm not sure how strong the sun can be at Northern Canada, but I heard some athletes almost went blind during a south pole marathon a few years ago.

Maybe we could also have some cool visual effects when equipped, like this: LensEffect_2908287b.jpg

Archived