Finding Another Player's Journal

djb204

This "finding another player's journal" idea was aimed towards the sandbox mode, not story mode. So whether or not the events took place years before in sandbox mode, or if it just happened shouldn't matter here. What if the story ends and they never find each other? What if sandbox mode end up being like a never ending branch off the story mode that the player can continue playing on after the story. Or what if the sanbox doesn't have a back story and we are suppose to be playing a random woman or man. Anyway, after its all said and done, and whether or not the finding of another player's corpse, journal, or any other belongings can be logically explained, I still believe this would be a good way to bridge the gap between players. It's a fun thing. After all, in the end it's just a video game.

I get what you're saying and I'm all for more narrative elements in games. However, in order to keep the sandbox consistent and tied together I'd prefer that the journals you find are not from other players. If they're put in by the dev team than they know for sure what elements to include in the other maps to tie everything in the sandbox together. Finding some person's log at the Camp Office - that still had all of its loot of course - saying "staved at 1000 days" beside a can of beans... would be a little immersion breaking.

Personally, I'd rather see this as an optional mod than a key feature.

Archived