Change the Save Game Location

Gustaaf

Please consider to change the save game location from C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark\   to that of   "My Documents\My Games\Hinterland\TheLongDark".

The obvious benefit is that the save game data follows the users my document location, and if the my documents is redirected to alternate storage, it will be safe from OS partition corruption or backup Image revert. Windows 10 makes this Documents redirection a snap. Placing the safe game data in the user profile is not wise.

I recently reverted my OS snap-shot and lost 50+ game days in stalker mode. Now I have only 15 days (early start). I know it is on me, but please use the my documents as preferred location like so many other companies do for their save games.

What about Steam Sync?

AppData is the worse place to save game data. Since its a location to store a lot of data for various unrelated programs it tend to get rather crowded after a while.

I so miss old days when game data were stored in game folder, simple and nice. Now every1 invents some new and "improved" ways to confuse players by storing that information God knows where all over the place. Pointless and annoying.

Archived