Sensational discovery

Hotzn

OK, folks. Not much going on here these days. Time to share an incredible discovery old Hotzn made. Sit down, get yourself a drink and read on...

Watched the official story mode trailer? There is a still picture with a traffic jam on a highway, the cars abandoned and covered with snow. Then the aurora flares up and... the car lights flicker on and off, and there is some electrical discharge on the power line (looks like a small fire). Ha! The car lights flicker on and off! Get it? Get it? Electricity! When the aurora is on we might have electricity in story mode, at least to a certain extent! Ha! Haaaah! Remember my name, I was the first to mention this. You read it here first.

Now everything makes sense... why the aurora phenomenon that was in the sandbox long ago was removed. Why we have electrical gadgets like radios but no generators. We might be able to get some transmissions when the aurora flares up! The motion trackers attached to spotlights at some cabins... could light up and reveal something disturbing. Or... someone disturbed!

What do you think? Did old Hotzn nail it again? Or is he running off the rails? Losing his mind? Is the anticipation too much for him?

19 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

What do you think? Did old Hotzn nail it again? Or is he running off the rails? Losing his mind? Is the anticipation too much for him?

Think you nailed it, apart from this bit:

20 minutes ago, Hotzn said:

Remember my name, I was the first to mention this. You read it here first.

;)

http://thelongdark.wikia.com/wiki/Aurorae

I'll rememeber your name Hotzn, if you first learn how to fly and make it to heaven, living forever is not required.
To be honest i'll probably remember your name anyway if that makes you feel guuuuuuuud, cause i have a hard time forgetting things, it's so annoying :(

Actually it was announced rather long time ago, that, at least in story mode, electricity may be back from time to time.

Also during auroras its not power grid coming back online, its just static discharge from em event(like st elmo fire/ball lighting). Which is weird, considering that for Event to be so devastating it would have hit hard, frying everything electric left and right, so there shouldnt even be an option for lights coming back on, since they would burn out in the first place. In addition to that, those static discharges are anything but stable current, technically making them kinda useless in terms of electronics usage.

On top of that it would also charge metallic objects, so getting a nasty zap would be rather serious possibility.

At least if were talking conventional physics. Devs can easily come up with something that has nothing to do with our physical reality.

5 hours ago, illanthropist said:

Think you nailed it, apart from this bit:

;)

http://thelongdark.wikia.com/wiki/Aurorae

What the hey... where did that wiki come from? Hmmm... *reading wiki*... wut?? Astrid... Will... ok, knew these... Anna... Jack... Marie... omg, how did I miss these? There is information I didn't have before! And indeed I was not the first... nooo! All the fame, gone in the blink of an eye! But you will remember my name. As that guy who thought he was the first one to discover something. Ach, old Hotzn, what has become of you?

Archived