Safes and backpedaling.

Dirmagnos

Safes need a loot table adjustment. Considering how rare they are thing that they contain are usually total garbage. With introduction of plane tail section in Timberwolf Mountains, that contains simply ridiculous amount of high-end loot, safes could use some love.

Backpedaling in the game is extremely easy, it has same speed as normal walking with like zero penalties. Either speed should be decreased by 50-60%, or a chance for a fall should occur. We already can sprain ankle by walking in straight line on even ground or wrist by walking against wind, but walking backwards only prevents sprinting.

Interesting criticisms.

The safe loot tables are fine in my opinion. They'd mostly contain things that were valuable before the apocalypse (money, jewelry, financial documents, etc.) that would be effectively useless after an apocalypse. The exception is the safe in the trapper's cabin which is presumably there solely as a gun storage locker (so it should have ammo as a guaranteed drop).

The walking backwards and not getting injured/penalized is not something I noticed honestly. It should probably be addressed.

Good point about safes, but you can find literally junk or items that have no place there to begin with, like newspaper. Imo safes could have higher chance to drop ammo boxes(5 rounds), as there are no gun cabinets(only racks) in the game and rifle simply wont fit there.

I often use backpedaling, since wolves seem to be reluctant to attack when you are staring at them. Or maybe they are just confused by a dude doing a moonwalk. I once backpedaled from almost Train Loading Area all the way to the Camp Office, with eventually 3 wolves(picked one at Derailment and one almost at Camp Office) following me. A lot of growling, but not a single one actually attacked.

I often use backpedaling, since wolves seem to be reluctant to attack when you are staring at them. Or maybe they are just confused by a dude doing a moonwalk. I once backpedaled from almost Train Loading Area all the way to the Camp Office, with eventually 3 wolves(picked one at Derailment and one almost at Camp Office) following me. A lot of growling, but not a single one actually attacked.

I'll have to try that the next time I play :D

I hadn't noticed the backpedaling; never had cause to do it for any substantial distance. I agree with you: that needs to be addressed. Your suggestion of a chance of a fall (perhaps as great as 25%; everything is covered in snow after all) is a very good one. This fall would most likely sprain a wrist. We should also have a "bruised back" or other sprain-like injury that can occur from falls.

Safes need to contain either ammunition or pre-apocalyptic event valuables.

Archived