Allow Cured Leather to Repair Homemade Clothing

cekivi

In my current play through I have found/gathered a lovely collection of cured leather that I have zero use for. I have deerskin boots and the only current use of cured leather is for repairing boots and shoes. Why on earth can't I use cured leather to repair my rabbit skin mitts, deerskin pants, etc? Using small patches of soft, supple cured leather for repairs makes far more sense than needing an entire deer pelt to repair a torn pair of pants.

In my current play through I have found/gathered a lovely collection of cured leather that I have zero use for. I have deerskin boots and the only current use of cured leather is for repairing boots and shoes. Why on earth can't I use cured leather to repair my rabbit skin mitts, deerskin pants, etc? Using small patches of soft, supple cured leather for repairs makes far more sense than needing an entire deer pelt to repair a torn pair of pants.

The "homemade" clothing isn't actually leather, it is just rawhide. Rawhide, worn fur-out, is decent at deflecting water. Leather is not, and will absorb water. Mixing together fur-out rawhide and cured leather will make the article of clothing fall apart.

Archived