Fire issues- 9 minute fire max

jeremiah johnson

I'm getting this even when sheltered or there is no wind (0 wind chill). The fire is registering the increase in heat but not registering the increase in time. When I've made a fire in wind in other places, so long as it wasn't howling I have had no problems. If it lets me build a fire in the first place that is. :) the time increases a certain amount which seems to be dependent on fuel type and wind.

see im fairly certain that i also was sheltered while the fire im talking about was burning but ive played countless hours since then and have not had any trouble. One of these days im going to go back to the location where this happened and try to recreate it. Maybe ill try in another game, on an easier setting. I dont want to die trying to perform a science experiment lol

see im fairly certain that i also was sheltered while the fire im talking about was burning but ive played countless hours since then and have not had any trouble. One of these days im going to go back to the location where this happened and try to recreate it. Maybe ill try in another game, on an easier setting. I dont want to die trying to perform a science experiment lol

Typically when I've seen this it means the wind direction changed. A sheltered area no longer kept the wind at bay as it had before.

Could that be the case here?

--Patrick

Hi Patrick,

yeah I would say this is definitely possible. It was crazy windy while this was happening although i was up against a giant rock tucked inside a little nook. However, I noticed that It only seemed to happen when i went into the inventory menu. The fire time decreasing did not happen while i was still in first person view. It was only after I entered the inventory and exited back to the playable view that the fire time had decreased. Maybe the time moves differently while in the inventory screen? I really wish i had taken better notice of these details while this was occurring. Im definitely going to go back and investigate this now.

I've had it go out when the wind shifts - but you know its happened because the shield goes away and you can see it graphically as well as in the stats. In the instances I'm reporting the shield was still there. or in 1 case wind chill was still 0 ----- wait, I'm reporting this in the wrong place. I'm a PC

Archived