Natural Healer Achievement

shmouse

Is it possible to get this achievement on Pilgrim difficulty?

The only answer I've been able to find is that you can drink Reishi and Rose Hip Tea while not being injured, but apparently it's impossible to use Old Man's Beard Dressing while not injured. Since you can't get attacked by animals in Pilgrim difficulty, and apparently you don't need antiseptics for burns (even though infection is a serious threat for burns in real life), is it even possible to get this achievement in Pilgrim?

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is there a secret to provoking animals in Pilgrim difficulty? Every time I've shot a wolf (with bow or rifle) it just runs away and dies.

Well, if you're feeling crazy you can attack a bear. They'll definitely take a few bites out of you before running away. Whether risking the loss of your save for an achievement though is up to you :)

Hey, thanks for the reply. Is there a secret to provoking animals in Pilgrim difficulty? Every time I've shot a wolf (with bow or rifle) it just runs away and dies.

Well, if you're feeling crazy you can attack a bear. They'll definitely take a few bites out of you before running away. Whether risking the loss of your save though for an achievement is up to you though :)

This worked for me (PILGRIM), cheesed this achy a couple of days ago survived 2 bear attacks but only just! Just make sure all your bars are full before poking the bear.

Is it possible to get this achievement on Pilgrim difficulty?

The only answer I've been able to find is that you can drink Reishi and Rose Hip Tea while not being injured, but apparently it's impossible to use Old Man's Beard Dressing while not injured. Since you can't get attacked by animals in Pilgrim difficulty, and apparently you don't need antiseptics for burns (even though infection is a serious threat for burns in real life), is it even possible to get this achievement in Pilgrim?

You certainly can get attacked in Pilgrim mode, just shoot a bear and not get inside a building or car and see what happens. That or get too close to a wounded wolf. Not certain if deer or bunnies will go kamikaze on you though...

Well, if you're feeling crazy you can attack a bear. They'll definitely take a few bites out of you before running away. Whether risking the loss of your save though for an achievement is up to you though :)

This worked for me (PILGRIM), cheesed this achy a couple of days ago survived 2 bear attacks but only just! Just make sure all your bars are full before poking the bear.

I've found this just about the only way to get a bearskin bedroll, shoot the bugger and take my lumps... I'm dreading the day I have to repair the damned thing.

I've found this just about the only way to get a bearskin bedroll, shoot the bugger and take my lumps... I'm dreading the day I have to repair the damned thing.

My 3rd was from further away and it ran instead of charging, though it's blood trail vanished I managed to find it dead. Was just uphill from the petrol station where I popped one of from minor cover unlike the one on the road by the fishing village or misanthrope island

You certainly can get attacked in Pilgrim mode, just shoot a bear and not get inside a building or car and see what happens. That or get too close to a wounded wolf. Not certain if deer or bunnies will go kamikaze on you though...

To the best of my knowledge you cannot be attacked by rabbits or deer. They always run away. My character has never taken damage (nor have I heard of someone taking damage) from fleeing deer even if they run right through you.

LOL, here you go. Pro-tip for how to get injured in Pilgrim mode:

1. Find the Trappers Homestead and enter the cabin.

2. Exit the cabin, then walk straight forward until you fall off the inclined rock.

3. You should now have at least one injury to treat (I had a sprained wrist).

Enjoy! ;)

Yes this will give you an injury but to get the Achievement you need to be able to use an Old Man's Beard bandage. This method, as you mentioned, is likely to give sprained wrists/ankles which don't need the bandage to treat.

Archived