Where is the Rifle??!! Possible spoiler??

jeremiah johnson

For the love of all that is holy! Where is the rifle located? I've some how managed to survive about 8 days without it but it has been a very rough 8 days. I started out on homestead, then got locked out of the hydrodam then made my way through a cave and now I'm at a set of small cabins next to a large bridge. I can not locate the rifle!! Any ideas?? NOTE, its actually been a lot of fun without the gun, but the further along i get the more upsetting it will be do die because of not having someway to defend myself.

Thank you!

Sounds like you're in Pleasant Valley. Signal Hill (big radio tower at the end of the road past the farmhouse) sometimes has a rifle. There are a few other locations that may have rifles (I think the homestead, the barn, a hunter's blind and a corpse are the others) but you'd need to look at a map on the wiki page to get more accurate locations. Personally, I'd find the barn, the homestead and then signal hill (since they're all roughly in a line) and check them as the most likely places to have rifles and ammunition. Or at the very least good shelter with lots of loot! :D

How the game works is that certain locations/containers/corpses have the opportunity to contain a rifle. However, since loot is always rolled on a random table there is never a 100% guarantee. For instance, rifles can sometimes be found on the backseat of cars but you can go an entire game without ever finding one there.

Also, did you know that there is a way back into the dam once you've been locked out? ;)

haha...you'll find the rifle when you stop looking for it! I found it on day 39 in my current game, now on day 75 which is my longest so far. I was so frustrated having gone so long without a rifle! I had searched everywhere I knew of in Mystery Lake and had moved to Coastal Hwy. I already had a bow and arrow going and was taking a shot at a wolf on the ice on CH. I missed and my arrow bounced off the ice and went somewhere towards the Misanthrope island, I think.... While looking for my arrow I saw a corpse on the end of the island and went up there and there was the rifle! Never did find my arrow though!

In earlier games I found it in Trappers cabin, on a corpse on the lake trail behind the camp office and in the forestry lookout building. But on most early games I died before finding it lol!

haha...you'll find the rifle when you stop looking for it! I found it on day 39 in my current game, now on day 75 which is my longest so far... But on most early games I died before finding it lol!

Yep, that sounds like a Long Dark game! :D

The worst one for me was trying to find a hunting knife. I had found four or five hatchets but I was almost 10 days in without a knife! I think I finally found one in either the dam, the log sort or the derailment :)

Archived