Spoiler Alert - Inaccessible Corpse on Timberwolf Mountain?

cekivi

I was playing Timberwolf Mountain on the weekend and I finally made it to the summit. So exciting! Imagine my surprise when I found the tail section of the plane and I began exploring it. So cool! While at the front gazing over the edge (that's a long way down...) I noticed a corpse under the very front edge of the wreckage. The remnants of the fuselage seemed to provide a perfect ramp to go down and inspect the body so I do. I find a ton of useful equipment! Great! I'm now feeling really excited to explore the rest of the tail... only to find that I am now trapped.

My easy ramp down lets me get waist level to the floor and then I'm stuck. I cannot climb up either side of the fuselage and my only options (were this real life) seem to be to either step out into the void or starve to death. Being a game I of course quit and reloaded but it really bugged me that there was a clearly visible and a seemingly accessible corpse that trapped you if you went down to investigate it.

Was this intentional? If so, that needs to be removed since deliberate traps set by the developer to kill players is not fun. If not, that corpse either needs to be removed or there needs to be a clear/working way back into the main tail section of the plane.

Aside from that minor issue the whole summit area was amazing. The scenery was beautiful and I felt really rewarded as the player for my efforts in getting up here. It would be nice though to also find more of the climbers notes on the climb up to the summit. The first note got me really excited to explore and it is the closest we get to interpersonal interaction in the sandbox alpha. Having just a few more notes to tease the climber's ultimate fate (were they one of the corpses? did they escape to Pleasant Valley?) would have been the icing to an already excellent cake.

Thanks for making this great game!

Drop down to the corpse from above it, in the tail section. You will find your way out after that, i've done it multiple times.

Getting down to the corpse is not my problem. When trying to return to the tail I get hung up and become trapped in the lower part. Is there a specific location/technique that is safe to use for returning?

• 4 weeks later...
To the right as your looking out of the tail section, and then up.

Tried this multiple times. I always get hung up. In fact, whenever I even get near the edge I can no longer get back into the tail section (even if I'm one step down) :(

Are there any videos showing how it's done?

You are wondering why the developers would put an enticing find down there, if you can't escape after interacting with it. I think they've done this to help you to discover new ways of travelling about this unique region. Don't want to spoil the fun of discovery for you, so i will just point out a few things that you have probably already noticed: look at the mountain side from the Mountaineer's Hut. (Do you ski?) Sometimes the way back is necessarily different than the way there. A kind of cryptic answer, I know, but you are absolutely right in your thinking that the developers would not trap you. Keep trying!!

Don't want to spoil the fun of discovery for you, so i will just point out a few things that you have probably already noticed: look at the mountain side from the Mountaineer's Hut. (Do you ski?) Sometimes the way back is necessarily different than the way there. A kind of cryptic answer, I know, but you are absolutely right in your thinking that the developers would not trap you. Keep trying!!

Are you hinting that you can actually abseil down the mountain?!? I've been wanting to try for a while now since it looks OK... but I really don't want to kill my character off.

Archived