Please help me! crafting Question

jmraynor

hey all,

So i "crafted" the deer skin boots and pants. Issue is now they sit in my inventory unfinished saying they need 12 hours each. However when i go to the work bench with them in my inventory the craft button is grayed out and it has red X over the materials and says "in progress 12 hours". I have the required sewing kit and I am simply perplexed.... Is there something simple I am missing or is this a bug?

How do I finish crafting these items? Any help appreciated. I can send screen shots if needed. Thanks.

Jeremy

Is it possible that you had less than 5 cured deerskins and 8 guts (e.g. only 4 deerskins and 6 guts) in your inventory at the beginning? That might also explain your problem.

The further your crafting progresses, the more materials "vanish" from your inventory and become part of the (still unfinished) item you've crafted. With e.g. 4 deerskins and 6 guts in your inventory it's possible to start both the boots and pants at the same time (-> unfinished boots & pants in your inventory), but you won't be able to finish the crafting of both items because you run out of materials during the crafting process. ;)

hellooooo all,

thanks for the help, i figured it out. I did not realize the materials were needed in sections through the crafting process, as it seems you are implying. I guess i began crafting both but now no longer have the materials. I would suggest to the devs to make this more implicit as it really frustrated and confused me.

Archived