v.301 Lost save

Quarbani 79

Same problem here, v.301, 4 days (real time), 40 days (game time), playing on pilgrim difficulty. Game was saved after awakening in Trapper's. I try reinstalling the game but no fix, I can't see any saved game.

I cannot see my saved games from previous versions. Other users/accounts on our Xbox still has their saved games from previous versions, just not mine, and I am the ONLY one who actually plays/played this game. ****sigh******

Over 60+ days on the hardest level, I had base camps setup in all maps that were stocked with EVERYTHING. I had also fabricated everything possible ten times over. (Bears are now an endangered specie in my world!) I was ready for the Long Dark! Just not ready for the update to delete my saves. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

This has also happened to me 3 times on xbox one. I can see it, try to load, get a tin sounding error message like trying to break down a metal table when you don't have a hacksaw. After a while I then try to restart to see if that helps and then the save is missing and i'm brought to the new game screen. I'm really wanting answers to this. I'm not going to play if I'm always worried about the servers killing my character. I've got wolves and bears and cold to kill my characters.

We're currently looking into this issue in studio, however the only way we've been able to recreate this is when powering down during a save (rendering the save corrupt.) Do you recall what you did before this happened or if you quit/powered down while sleeping or transiting into an interior? This will help us track this down.

A couple things you can try to resolve this issue:

- Try login out your current user, then back in (there was an issue in a previous version where you could see another profiles saves, but couldn't load them. This would result in the same issue.)

- You can try clearing your local saves for the Long Dark which forces a cloud sync.

Same here, my 200+ day Voyageur save disappeared with the update in December (.298 I think?) and hasn't returned. :cry:

I have tried the following over the last few weeks...

a) Deleting and reinstalling .298

b) Upgrading to 302 when that came out

c) Logging my user out and back in (both in the dashboard and in game)

d) Deleting my local save file (around 2Mb worth) and having it pulled down from the cloud

...but still whenever I go to Sandbox it just asks me what difficulty I want (rather than showing me my current 200+ day save).

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. It sounds like we aren't the only one's too if you look at the end of this thread there still seem to be some guys suffering (even after the fix in .301).

Thanks,

Andy

• 2 weeks later...

v.302 : Same here. My data lost yesterday. When I turned Xbox on and try to load my 20days save data, it said error sound, I couldn't . I rebooted Xbox, my save data vanished. My last work is in Carter Hydro Dam.

I know that support says "when powering down during a save (rendering the save corrupt.)" but I didn't do that. Me and my wife and older cat really like this game, I created a lot of deer beef and ton of water, deerskin boots, pants...I miss.

Please fix this bug ASAP! or maybe next ver.

We're currently looking into this issue in studio, however the only way we've been able to recreate this is when powering down during a save (rendering the save corrupt.) Do you recall what you did before this happened or if you quit/powered down while sleeping or transiting into an interior? This will help us track this down.

A couple things you can try to resolve this issue:

- Try login out your current user, then back in (there was an issue in a previous version where you could see another profiles saves, but couldn't load them. This would result in the same issue.)

- You can try clearing your local saves for the Long Dark which forces a cloud sync.

Just tried both steps, game still disappeared.

Archived