Hello and Thanks!!

Packet802

Wow, wow wow! Great game thanks guys! I stumbled across this game accidentally on the Xbox One games store on Christmas Eve morning. Early Christmas present! Had never even heard of this game before. Tried out the one hour demo and immediately ordered the alpha version when the demo time ran out. Have had no technical issues whatsoever, didn't really expect that on an "alpha" version. Great concepts and very excited for the final version. Died about 6 times surviving for a few days each. It was funny, on my first game I was looking for a way to collect snow outside and bring it inside to melt. I was trying to pick up bowls in the trapper's cabin but it wouldn't let me. Ran out of soda and died of dehydration lol. Then found the melt snow option on the ovens a game later. The last couple times I was surviving okay but a wolf attack usually started a downward spiral that did me in! I don't want to play on easy mode but is the only difference between pilgrim and voyager levels that wolves don't attack? Same frequency and difficulty in finding resources and environment and such? Sorry if these are common questions but I'm trying not to read the forums too much because I don't want any spoilers.

Also would be nice if items could be placed at specific places inside the structures. I'm operating out of the Trapper's cabin now and it would be nice to hang the rifle back up on the shelf on the wall since it's kind of heavy and to place items that are being cured on the workbench instead of the floor and things like that. Maybe a rack or something outside to stock up on firewood. I got a bunch of firewood just laying on the ground outside the door! I wanted to operate out of the Cabin office by the ice fishing huts but the trapper's cabin offers more natural light. Also don't see how it's possible for me to repair clothing and sharpen tools in total darkness but going to do that for now anyway haha. Very excited for the future of this game especially open world sandbox survival and hopefully the Xbox One version gets fully developed. I like the one death and you're done concept without being able to reload a previous save. Makes you real careful and forces you to plan out your decisions. I'm all about open world, sand box, realistic as possible simulators. Keep it real! You may lose a lot of the spoiled, shallow, instant gratification, graphics obsessed gamers that make up most of the gamers today but there are lots of old timers like me and others who appreciate the concepts and direction you are heading! Keep up the great work!

Hello!

Great to have you join us, and thanks for sharing a bit about your experience so far. You'll be happy to know that item placement (including hanging the rifle back in its rack) is already a feature. On XBox, simply drop the item from your inventory, tap left trigger while looking at the item, and then right trigger to place. It is worth mentioning that leaving an item "out" rather than storing it in a container will cause it to degrade a bit faster, but I find it's somewhat worth it if it helps your base feel a bit more like home.

Thanks for sharing your other ideas and suggestions. There are a few threads floating around that discuss a few of your notes, so you might enjoy contributing to those. Looking forward to hearing more from you as you continue exploring!

Hi Bethany thanks for the info! I had noticed I could place the lantern down on a flat surface but thought that was unique for that item since it was a light source. Will give that a shot. I died and don't have the rifle in my current game so can't hang it back up yet! I would hope that items like rifles and tools would degrade more with use than just sitting idle as long as they were inside and not directly exposed to the elements. I can certainly understand items like food decaying faster. The thought also occurred to me to leave uncooked food outside so that it stays frozen longer to reduce it's decay rate but I haven't really had that much food to worry about that yet! Of course I also worried that if I did leave it outside a wolf might grab it, lol!

Archived