Lost game - over 400 days!

RazorOH

I was playing a game that I had accumulated over 400 days and lost the game! I was in the Coastal Highway, I left the Gas Station to look at the evening sky, and then re-entered the gas station and the game froze. I was not able to do ANYTHING, it just hung up. I had to reboot the system (no other choice, even ctrl-alt-del did nothing). When it finished rebooting my Sandbox1 game was gone - you have to be kidding me! What happened, can it be recovered?

Guest Support

Could you email your saves over to me at support@hinterlandgames.com ? They can be found here:

Windows: c:\users\username\AppData\Local\Hinterland\TheLongDark

OSX: /users/username/.local/share/Hinterland/TheLongDark

Just zip up the "TheLongDark" foldr and email it over so we can have a look.

• 2 weeks later...

Today I also lost some time from my game (about1-2 days game time, 3-4 hours real time), but without the crash. I had saved as usual (via resting) a number of times during the "lost" period. I have checked the folder specified and found zero saves or other data for the time period that has been lost, only a couple of files time-stamped the same as the game that gets loaded in the Sandbox screen. My version of the game (A.301) came from Steam, in case that is a factor.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived